After a false start last year, I'm now here to STAY!

Options
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully meet some new friends who will help keep me honest and accountable as I renew my commitment to building a healthier life. I originally joined MFP last year, but didn't stick with it long enough to benefit from the tools and encouragement of the online community.

I guess my profile probably explains the essential reasons I'm here (i.e. heart disease looming in my future), but to add to that I will share what I wrote on the first page of my journal this year:

"I need to DO better. I need to BE better. I need to FEEL better. I need to THINK better. I need to EAT better. I need to LOVE better. I need to PARENT better. I need to COMMUNICATE better. I need to LIVE MORE! --My promise to myself & the ones I love."

For me I guess, it starts with this. If you can relate to any part of this, I'd love to hear from you and share the journey! :smile:

Replies

• kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Love your journal mantra:)
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a member last year, I attempted to do it on my own, and I did very well, until my vacation in July. After I got back, I "decided" to start eatting crappy again and drinking pop. I managed to put on about 20 lbs between July and New Year's Day....about 10 more pounds than I started 2010 off at!

I'm sick of looking at myself. I want to know where my hipbones went...before I could feel them pretty easily, now I have to push the fat to find them. Ugh.

Anyway, I'm basically in the same boat as you. Feel free to add me if you would like! I'm looking for more friends also. :-)
  • sharbrns
    Options
    I can definitely relate. I have just recently started on this site, and it' s great. Everyone is so motivating, and it's nice to be able to track my calories so easily. I have had no problem staying within my calorie limits, and I have been making better food choices. I have started feeling so much better, and that motivates me to want to work out, which is not something I normally enjoy. I also hope that it will make me a better parent and role model to my children. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck!
  • InsatiateHope
    Options
    Yeah, the journal is just one of many things I'm trying to keep myself accountable!