Partying + Weight Loss does not equal

Options
I am feeling pretty bad this morning. I went out last night and drank quite a bit. Which kind of negates the fact that I ran 3 miles yesterday. I wasn't planning on getting drunk but it just happened. And to make things worse when I came home, I started munching on anything I could find, and lets just say it is not the healthy stuff. Uhhh, I was doing good why did I have to screw it up! I am thinking I am not going to drink for a long time now. Well, I just needed to vent my frustration out, maybe there is someone who did the same thing once.

Replies

• Kjreef2007
    Options
    I am feeling pretty bad this morning. I went out last night and drank quite a bit. Which kind of negates the fact that I ran 3 miles yesterday. I wasn't planning on getting drunk but it just happened. And to make things worse when I came home, I started munching on anything I could find, and lets just say it is not the healthy stuff. Uhhh, I was doing good why did I have to screw it up! I am thinking I am not going to drink for a long time now. Well, I just needed to vent my frustration out, maybe there is someone who did the same thing once.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up Kjreef, we all fall off the band wagon once in a while, afterall, we're all human. Just make sure that you remember how lousy you feel this morning, so you don't do it again. Everything in moderation is OK, so if you're out socializing next time, just make sure you run that same 3 miles before, then limit yourself. Depending on how I exercised during the day, I will tell myself before I go out "I will only have 2 glasses of wine tonight", and I stick to it. And if you limit yourself and stick to it, you will not get so drunk and munch when you come home.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Kjreef2007:
    Well, your doing good by confessing your 'diet/fitness sins'! At least you did run 3 miles yesterday. Sometimes it does just happen, but the lesson is learned, right? Your doing fine - just don't get too sidetracked. I have found that since i started this program I have nearly no tolerance to alcohol. I don't know if it is the weight loss, the lack of carbs or that I just have been more healthy so the effects are more pronounced.

As we move into the holiday season try to remember to drink one glass of water between each drink and try to keep healthy snacks around. Everything in moderation.

Today is a new day - put the past behing you and start fresh! You can do it.
  • nbuehrmann
    nbuehrmann Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time! Well not ALL the time, but it happens.
    I just know myself now, that I count on it happening when I have plans to go out and make sure to burn extra extra calories that day so that it won't be as huge as an impact.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Been there done that….when I was younger…..but not anymore. I take way too much medication now. But I really don’t think I would now anyway since alcohol stimulates your appetite and I don’t need any extra help there lol
    Don’t worry….all it not lost. Like I always say….as well as others…..pick yourself up….dust yourself off…..and start all over again. Today is a new day.
    You said you don’t want to do that again. Go right now and write your feeling down. Pour your heart into it. Express your disappointment and disgust…..put it ALL in there…..then put it where you can go back and read it when you are planning on going out again. Then also while you are out look at that extra drink and ask “Do I love you enough to wear you?”.
    Hang in there you can do it.
    Good Luck!
    Loretta
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Loretta Jo:
    "Do I love you enough to wear you" - that is going to stick with me forever. What a profound question to ask whether it's the next drink or the next candy bar. Thank you so much for contributing that!
  • joh2020
    Options
    I agree! What a great statement! I also went out last night had too much to drink and didn't eat anything because I felt so bad about what I was drinking. Now I am really hungover and I want to eat some greasy food...so glad I read that post " Do I love you enough to wear you"...and the answer is NO WAY I dont love greasy food enough to wear it around on my backside. I am going to the gym! That will make me feel better.
  • schoenb
    Options
    The problem is that alcohol is sugar and once you start on sugar, it is hard not to keep going - especially since booze reduces your will power. I try to drink only on the weekends. It feels so good when I do not go for the cookies, candy, cake, ice cream, melted cheese sandwiches...or all of the together! But when I drink more than I should, I really have to work hard at NOT going for everything else.
    Everyone is right - tomorrow is a new day...just because you fell off 1 day, doesn't mean that all is lost...
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Kjreef2007~
    Trust me, I totally understand where you are coming from. I went out Saturday night to celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday. I too got drunk. And boy was I upset on Sunday when I got up. After we leave the club, we usually go to Denny's (as we did on Saturday). This wasn't a "regular" after the club night st Denny's for me. I couldn't believe how much fu&#in food I ate. I had TWO appetizer samplers to myself. SO SAD!!:mad: :embarassed: Mind you I went to the gym and took a 1 hour spinning class earlier that morning. I just can't beleive I did that. So, this week, I'm trying to get back on track. My goal is to workout all this week and eat right. I have to redeem myself.

Naj:sad:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    As long as we're confessing... At my nephew's football game on Saturday, I ate chips, licorice, Boston Baked Beans, and then the cheerleaders throw candy after each touchdown so you know what I did? Ate what I caught. And the score was 49-6 so 7 touchdowns later... I'll stop now.

Today is a new day and I wish I'd have heard that saying before... "do I love you enough to wear you"... the answer would've been no... :laugh:

Bummer...
    Angela