Hi I'm New

Options
I am trying to live a healthier life and lose weight as well. I am trying to start running, so if anyone has any tips I welcome them. My first goal is to lose 40lbs and get down to my wedding day weight.

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. you will love it here. the site is awesome and the people are so encouraging. im trying to get to my wedding day renewal vows weight. when i got married i was 40 pounds heavier than i am now. feel free to add me.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You're going to get there! Let me know if you need anything!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into the Couch to 5K Running Program? http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I started a little over a month ago, and could barely run one minute straight. Today, I finished week 5 and ran 25 minutes (a little over 2 miles). I'm looking at doing my first 5k in March, and the Warrior Dash in June.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I personally don't run (yet) but have heard rave reviews of the Couch to 5K program ... and there is an app for it as well. Welcome and best of luck!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just started the Couch to 5k so far so good!

Welcome to MFP! :)
  • Slobaducci
    Options
    Have you tried C25k (couch to 5k)? Its a great way to start running if its not something you are used to. I stopped jogging when it got too cold outside but I plan to get back out there in March when it warms a little.
  • Ragsdales6703
    Ragsdales6703 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Couch to 5K but I have been getting shin splints really bad which has affected how much I run. I can barely make it a mile before I have to stop due to the pain. I'm hoping I can get over them soon.
  • tamihanson
    Options
    Is this Kara?
  • Ragsdales6703
    Ragsdales6703 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No this is her sister in law though.