Marathon Training combined with P90X

Options
My hubby and I just started a new round of P90X. We are on Day 3.
I'm going to get back into my running starting Feb. 1 (or sooner). I was just hoping it would warm up.

I'm going to start training for a 1/2 marathon I think in May. (Unless I find a nice full to do?)

I'm want to run Marine Corp. later this year.

So, this will be my marathon training combined with P90X to increase speed/endurance!

Anyone want to join me?

I'd love company. You can just run with me or just do P90X, all are welcome to come here for support!

Replies

• WhyWait
    WhyWait Posts: 58
    Options
    Today's Journal:

Hit the gym:
    10 minute short warm up on the elliptical.
    1 hour of much needed yoga for stretching. (learned my lesson, yoga is super important when I train!)
    20 minutes on the treadmill running a good speed!

Burned 394 calories.

Tonight, hubby and I have Day 3. Arms, Shoulders and ABs of P90X!

Diet's been ok so far.
    had a protein bar for breakfast (not so great, but knew I was heading to gym)
    Had shakeology after workout.
    Had a pork chop and a little couscous for lunch.
    Snack will be veggies/hummas
    Dinner- chicken and veggies! :-)

Looking forward to stopping by here. Hope you will join me!
  • WhyWait
    WhyWait Posts: 58
    Options
    Did 40 minutes of Shoulders and Arms, had to cut it a little early due to time. Still burned 375 calories! Ab ripper later!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I just started a new round of P90X. We are on Day 3.
    I'm going to get back into my running starting Feb. 1 (or sooner). I was just hoping it would warm up.

I'm going to start training for a 1/2 marathon I think in May. (Unless I find a nice full to do?)

I'm want to run Marine Corp. later this year.

So, this will be my marathon training combined with P90X to increase speed/endurance!

Anyone want to join me?

I'd love company. You can just run with me or just do P90X, all are welcome to come here for support!

Wow I could have written this myself! I Just finished week 1 of P90X and have my first half marathon on May 1st . So I'll be doing both at once :) My P90X is my Strength training ...

Holla on Sista! I have a business trip in Quebec for a week, then I'll be starting my training on Feb 7th when I'm back (for running, I don't know what I'll do about P90X!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My daily log:

No P90X tonight but it's my rest night! I have a 75 minute Hula Hoop class, and the couch!

Last night finished week 1 and my bum still hurts from Legs and Back day three days ago ...