Why the Scale Lies

Options

Replies

• calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Awesome post girl! I loved reading your words. I am a daily weigher but i do it from a purely scientific perspective fully appreciating the lies and inconsistencies; I do it to learn how my body works not to try to pound it into submission. Every trend that i see corresponds directly to the theories you posted and I like knowing that it is true. Bravo. I am sick and tired of hearing and reading about the all-mighty scale which leads to so many diseases of the mind and body. If you can't appreciate it for exactly what it is, do not use it because it will not be useful to you.
    Thanks for the valuable info!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I hate the way a few digits can seem to make or break my day.
  • Simone1970
    Options
    Amen! Excellent post, agree with everything you said. So many people become a "skinny fat" person when losing weight because they are losing muscle along with fat and are not getting the toned results they originally desired. Measurements and body fat % I feel are the great ways to determine if you are losing correctly. But the best way in my opinion to tell if you are happy with how you look is seeing yourself in the mirror and being happy with the image.
  • skinnyjazz130
    Options
    Thanks for posting. This has cleared up some things for me. Congratulations on your awesome success.
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    scales are evil:devil: , when i was pregnant i wouldn't even look at the scale when they weighed me nor would i let them tell me what the weight was. i had problems with eating disorders when i was younger and the number on the scale is what triggers me. so i try not to weigh myself very often.
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Great post! I haven't weighed myself in 2+ months. My clothes are looser and I can fit into jeans I could barely button before. I can easily run 3x what I could when I started. That is all the confirmation I need to know that I am doing something right :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    For the record, the author of this article is Renee Chloe...and she has a website:

skwigg.com

It's been posted all over the internets, and her name is rarely given as the person who wrote it.

Thank you, I was wondering who the actual author was.

Bump...and to give credit to the actual author once again, in case anyone missed it. Check out her website too...
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    While I know this is all true info, I also know that when I stop weighing (or start avoiding the scale), that's when I start gaining weight - or have already gained and don't want to acknowledge it. Weighing daily, even if the scale is up due to water weight or whatever, keeps me conscious of what I eat and getting my workout in.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great info. Thanks for taking the time to post this!! Very helpful.
  • CraftyJenguin
    CraftyJenguin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love! I know all these crazy things, but I still usued wot weigh myself every day. You can't help getting discouraged, even when you know it's all that salt you ate yesterday. I've finally got to the point where I just weigh myself once (maybe twice) a week. Much better on the psyche!
  • SJSharksChick
    SJSharksChick Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! What a great read!
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's a great article. Thank you. I am definitely going to ditch the scales and grab the tape measure instead.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Great read! Very helpful and enlightening!
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Bump!
  • kleeann3
    kleeann3 Posts: 17
    Options
    i reallllly like this article! it has so much good information..especially about water intake!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bump! thanks!