Who's doing Jillians 6 week 6 pack?

Options

Replies

• GoddessAndraste
    Options
    Just finished Day 5 of Week 6. Two more workouts to make it an official 6 weeks! I do it every other day, but boredom is definitely kicking in. I've taken to having it playing on "mute" while watching a DVD on my portable DVD player to make the time pass quicker.

It's one I'll keep in the mix when I'm officially "done," but I'm looking forward to moving on. (And yes, it definitely works.)
  • anda2oo5
    Options
    i just started it today, on top of my 30day shred and it deff kicked my butt, its a great workout,. i hope it gives results also
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I just finished shredding and only lost 1 inch :( I am planning on starting this on tues though :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It's one of my favorite workouts of Jillian's! I do it 2-3 times a week, and her Ripped in 30 on the other days, depending on how much time I have in the morning. The burpees kill me every time! And I've yet to advance to level 2, but I will get there! And I will have my six pack! :bigsmile:
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 6w6p tomorrow but can't imagine doing the same workout 5 days a week for three weeks so i'm going to mix in in with Banish Fat, Boost Metabollism which I love, and will help me lose the fat and use 6w6p to tone. I have completed 30 day shred and just finished Ripped in 30 last week I am completely hooked on Jillian!
  • brtty82
    brtty82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was curious how you all are tracking the amount of calories that you burned, since the video does not appear on the cardio list and you all weigh different weights. Can you fill me in?
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I was curious how you all are tracking the amount of calories that you burned, since the video does not appear on the cardio list and you all weigh different weights. Can you fill me in?

i put jillians 30ds as 20 mins circuit training.
  • leopard_barbie
    Options
    I just finished 30 day Shred on Sunday, took a day off and today I did 6 pack abs. I don't feel like I burned as many calories in 6 pack abs as I did on 30 day Shred, especially levels 2&3 of shred. How do you log it on here? I put it in as cardiovasular circuit training and it shows that I burned 297 calories for 35 min. I didn't sweat as much as I did on shred, so therefore, I don't think I burned as many calories. I think I will log it as 30 min. (don't count cooldown or warmup) and it shows burn of 254 cals. Thoughts?

i put 30ds as 20 mins of circuit training, i know its slightly longer than 20 mins in practice but jillian says its 20 mins so many times throughout the dvd i feel itll be cheating putting more & i know im not overestimating if i put 20.
  • leopard_barbie
    Options
    I have been doing 6 week 6 pack for 5 weeks straight, just as Jillian has suggested. 3 weeks on the level one 5 days a week and I am currently on level 2 also doing it 5 days a week. I do it M-F and on the weekends I run on my ellipitical for 30- 45 mins. Let me tell you I don't slack off in this workout. I give it my all and then some, like Jillian Michaels says, " You have to earn your body....it doesn't come for free!!!!" I faithfully use the food diary and keep my calorie intake to 1200 calories and then eat all my excercise calories back, drink at least 8 glasses of water in case I ingest too much sodium....and I have dramatic results already. I have lost and inch in my arms and neck. 2 inches off my lower waist, and inch off my hips, 1/2 and inch off my love handles and inch off my natural waist....I have no more saddle bags and my inner thighs are begginning to have muscle definition. My face is smaller and my upper body is defined. I have lost a total of 7 pounds, 2 pounds since joining MFP only 15 days ago and I owe it all to this tough workout and calorie counting. I am way more stronger as well. This dvd is not for everyone though ....it is very hard in the beginning. But, rest assured if you commit yourself you can do anything. You got to want it. Now do I have rock hard abs.....not yet. I currently weigh 133 and am 5' 2" so I am a tad overweight still, but my stomach looks so much flatter I can't believe it. My arms look awesome too! I have 9 more days left and then I think I will start over at level 1, so I don't plateau. Good Luck to you all!!!!! PS. I got my copy at Barnes and Noble.

thanks for this!

does 6w6p involve using weights? if so what weight do you use?
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 2 and I lost half an inch around my waist and around my naval with just level 1. I do it 5 times a week along with Killer Buns and Thighs.
    I'm hoping level 2 will help me lose another half inch there. lol.

I definitely felt the burn in my abs in level 1. Level 2, you need to keep your abs tight or you won't feel the burn as me (at least that was my problem). I absolutely feel the burn now and my abs are rock hard ... I just still have a layer of fat hiding them. When I first wake up and haven't eaten yet you can ALMOST see them :laugh:

I still have about 10 days left though, that should be plenty of time to lose another half inch.

Since I don't have much more to lose, I'm eating about 2000 calories a day and I don't eat back exercise calories. I need to eat this much though or else I would lose a lot of muscle along with fat. I have not lost any weight with this but I have lost fat percentages. I was 21.8% in March and I'm 18.8% now. That's from using Ripped in 30, and now 6W6P/KB&T since I last measured my body fat.
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    i just finished it 2 weeks ago, man i hated level two, it kicked my butt!! but i did it for the 6 weeks straight 6 days a week. of course i didnt get a six pack but i still have some fat left to lose lol but sticking to my diet and the video i lost 10 lbs and my belly did go down.
  • leopard_barbie
    Options
    does 6w6p REALLY focus on abs? or does it give you a general workout as well? also do you need weights for it?

thanks guys.
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    does 6w6p REALLY focus on abs? or does it give you a general workout as well? also do you need weights for it?

thanks guys.

It does focus alot on abs but it does include other areas too. I think level 2 deviates more from abs compared to level 1 but Jillian is trying to create fat burning to get rid of the layer on top of the abs. You don't NEED weights but you can use weights and that will make the work out harder too.
  • leopard_barbie
    Options

thanks guys.

It does focus alot on abs but it does include other areas too. I think level 2 deviates more from abs compared to level 1 but Jillian is trying to create fat burning to get rid of the layer on top of the abs. You don't NEED weights but you can use weights and that will make the work out harder too.

thank you! it seems different to 30ds and ri30 (which ive heard is a harder version of 30ds) then, im gonna get it and have a go :)
  • hedwighigh
    Options

thanks guys.

thank you! it seems different to 30ds and ri30 (which ive heard is a harder version of 30ds) then, im gonna get it and have a go :)

When it comes to getting results, I got the most with 30DS ... maybe 6W6P but I got the least results with RI30. I think that's because 6W6P and 30DS burn more fat while RI30 does more muscle building (which you couldn't see as much because of the fat on top of it. lol)

I can't say what is more difficult although RI30 is more difficult than 30DS. 6W6P is probably between the two. I like that RI30 was 4 levels instead of 3 too.
  • leopard_barbie
    Options

thanks guys.

When it comes to getting results, I got the most with 30DS ... maybe 6W6P but I got the least results with RI30. I think that's because 6W6P and 30DS burn more fat while RI30 does more muscle building (which you couldn't see as much because of the fat on top of it. lol)

I can't say what is more difficult although RI30 is more difficult than 30DS. 6W6P is probably between the two. I like that RI30 was 4 levels instead of 3 too.

Wow that's the most useful response I've had on this so far, thankyou! I think I'm going to finish 30DS, then have a go at 6W6P, then move on to RI30 once my fat's gone down a bit :P
  • hkestner
    hkestner Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Started 6wk6pk today!! I only made it through the first 15 minutes but it's a start!! How do you all log this exercise???
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I just bought this from Amazon (one of their Black Friday deals yesterday) - really looking forward to giving it a go!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Started 6wk6pk today!! I only made it through the first 15 minutes but it's a start!! How do you all log this exercise???

I log it as "circuit training". I've done 30DS and RI30, doing 6W6P now, it's great! Definitely see a difference in my abs.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    I just started the 6 week ab dvd today :) i held in there !! wow it's hard ... i too was wondering how to log it..there is LOTS of cardio, so i like your idea of tracking it as 30 mins.