I really over ate

Options
2»

Replies

• erinup
    erinup Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I loved a saying I read in an article once about weight loss. One slip up doesn't have to sabotage your your week, your day or even your meal, just get back on track. If you get a flat tire you don't poke holes in the other 4, you change it and move forward. Drink some extra water to help with sodium and get back on track with food choices today.

I love this!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Just add up what you ate, calculate the calories, and train it off! Simple.
  • k8tmama
    k8tmama Posts: 58
    Options
    If you get a flat tire you don't poke holes in the other 4, you change it and move forward.

Okay, I love this.

I'll just add the thought that maybe you could get in an extra workout or two in the next few days, too. I can't tell you how helpful it's been to see my "calorie allowance" go up on the days I work out...it's really bringing home to me that making exercise a regular part of my life will allow me to eat more and still lose weight (or, someday maintain). It might help you feel like you're being proactive about it if you throw in a couple of extra walks or some extra time at the gym.

Don't get discouraged! We can do this! :)
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I loved a saying I read in an article once about weight loss. One slip up doesn't have to sabotage your your week, your day or even your meal, just get back on track. If you get a flat tire you don't poke holes in the other 4, you change it and move forward. Drink some extra water to help with sodium and get back on track with food choices today.

I love that quote!!!!

Each and every decision we make leads in one direction or another. As long as most of your choices are headed down the healthy road you're doing alright!
  • k8tmama
    k8tmama Posts: 58
    Options
    Oh, I'll add one other thought. I've been stuck at my highest weight ever for about two and a half years because being mom to two babies (16 months apart) really stressed me out. I so understand eating when you're stressed. I am doing better now (they are 3 1/2 and 2 1/2) and am learning better ways to cope. And this site certainly helps! If you know you're going to be with extended family, maybe you could plan to have your car loaded with low-calorie snacks for the drive, or turn up your music, or talk on the phone on the drive home (hands free, whatever, be safe!) to an understanding friend...just planning ahead to deal with the stress. Just a thought. Figure out what works for you as a better way to deal with stress, and then plan on attacking the stress that way instead of with comfort snacks. That's what I'm learning to do, too! Good luck!!
  • cclala
    cclala Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Try to focus less on the aftershock/feelings of guilt, and perhaps more on how to develop a better coping mechanism for the next time you're stressed.

Overeating is rarely about hunger. It sounds like---as is the case with many of us--you are something of an emotional eater.

Do you have any thoughts on how you can work to satisfy your stress relief without overeating? That's where your energy should lie right now.