Wii

Options
Does anyone think the Wii will help me loose weight I want to get the biggest loser work out but have knee problems and neck .

Replies

• etherah
    etherah Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, what you get out of the exercising with the Wii depends on your level of fitness. I used to be quite fit (played soccer, did P90X, etc) and found that the Wii didn't do a whole lot for me. I would have to spend a long time on it to feel like I got a decent workout. Then a couple of years ago I had to stop what I was doing because of back problems, and I ended up getting out of shape. By that time I had gotten rid of my Wii, but I think it would have helped me rehabilitate and get back in shape. So I guess my answer is...if you're not in great shape, it will probably help you, but if you are in good shape, you won't find that it's enough. Hope that helps!
  • jshordon
    Options
    I've been using the Wii with EA Sports Active 2 and it has been helping with my weight loss. Good luck with reaching your goal.
  • aschroyer
    Options
    Dont rationalize buying a wii just to lose weight, if you think you will play with it alot, then buy it. Alot of people I know bought it just because they wanted to lose weight, but they were bummed by the results. If you want to lose weight, there are alot of fun fitness DVDs you might want to check out first..... Unless you have an unlimited amount of money lying around. You will have to log more time with the Wii than if you just did a 30 min DVD.
  • kathy814
    Options
    Thanks I will get one it never hurts to try. :::smile:
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm using the wii - I have the first EA active, wii fit and the biggest loser.... Am doing the EA active 30 day challenge at the moment which I find great - being as it's the first proper exercise i've been doing in years! It's been so long since I've done the biggest loser that I can't remember what it was like...

If you already have a wii, try and pick up a cheap copy of the biggest loser off ebay or amazon and give it a go - just go to the level you think you can manage cos you don't want to do any further damage to yourself!

Any activity is good activity as far as i'm concerned!

Good luck! x
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I just started EA Sports Active 2 on the PS3. I thought I was in pretty good shape, so I chose the medium setting and it's kicking my butt. I love it! I'm getting a total body workout and feel it all over.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have wii for the kid and the Dad for games. Last year the Wii Fit Plus got us all off our chairs and doing something for once. The husband was very compedative. My oldest came home for 2 christmases now and pushed him off the winners list just so he'll keep trying. I kind of grew out of that. Just this Christmas I got wii Zumba and it is worth it! I don't know when I'll grow out of it! I haven't tried any other fitness things on it. You can get a wi fit plus workout if you work at it, but you can also just count it as active fun. It would depend on you and what you did with it. Zumba, however is a asskicker!
  • OperaticAnnihilator
    Options
    I have a Wii and I bought Wii Fit thinking it would be a great aid in my endeavors but it really didnt do that much for me. I actually get more out of Just Dance 2. It is so fun and you never realize your actually exercising. I woke up the next day sore. and it makes me drink alot more water than usual. They also make Zumba for Wii which I plan on buying.
  • kathy814
    Options
    What is Just Dance 2 is it Wii or Xbox?? Sounds like fun.
  • kathy814
    Options
    Thats why I wanted it I love Biggest Loser if I had Bob yelling at me I think I would work out more Thanks!!
  • scoutmomma
    scoutmomma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We love our Wii! Even if you play the basic games, as intended, you be doing something other then just sitting around. All of us got worked up with the baseball, boxing, tennis, etc.
    Wii fit and Wii fit plus aren't too bad (ok, the boxing, hula hoops and even the stepping can and will give you a work out if you're the typical out of shape person)
    I'm mostly using the Wii "My Fittness Coach" and Wii Zumba- They are awesome and kick my butt!! The fitness coach is completely adjustable and encompasses every area from yoga, aerobics to strength training...zumba can be complicated but in just a few short minutes you'll be sweating up a storm!