Bad Day

colehook
colehook Posts: 46
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had a bad day....but what do you do to get yourself out of the slums. I've been beating myself up all day.

Replies

• First of all, don't beat yourself up! Negative talk is not going to make you feel better :( Just brush yourself off, get back up and start again:)
  • jcsalsa
    jcsalsa Posts: 25
    Well I tell myself if I am having a bad day which I do pretty much all the time is to work out and see if that helps.
  • Don't worry about picking up the pebbles when your busy moving mountains!! Stay focused, otherwise you look all blurry to people. LOL
    Hang In There
    :laugh:
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    I personally get my workout clothes on...B*tch all the way doin' it - hit play on the DVD - After my workout - I feel 100% better - cause I released the Endorphins back into my body. I feel better cause the workout is done...xo
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Don't have such high expectations of yourself and remind yourself you're human! Get back on the horse tomorrow. One bad day is not going set you back if you don't let it!
  • dgallienne
    dgallienne Posts: 30 Member
    For the "bad days", when I eat something I shouldn't, or I can't motivate myself to go to the Gym...I went and got myself a cheap inflatable Punching Bag....a bargain at £16!

Now, instead of beating myself up over lack of motivation, I beat the Punch Bag up instead...and I always feel much better afterwards and raring to get going again.

Great for stress, anger, etc and 126 calories for every 10 minutes done....result!

Highly recommended.
  • Dust yourself off and get back up. I've had some bad days too. Do or listen to something to treat yourself and make you feel good. Turn on some up beat music, Watch a funny movie.... paint your nails....whatever. Its normal to slip a couple of times while climbing that mountain. The whole time I was on the eliptical machine today I was B**ching in my head. HAHA I'm glad I did it.
  • ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Want to know my secret? Promise not to tell? Ok, lean in close............... (whispers) I have a picture saved on my phone of my ex's current gf's gut hanging over her jeans.

Ok, maybe it's not the nicest thing to keep, but jeeze, she's a fat girl too and she called me a cow! So since then when I have a bad day, I look at that pic, giggle until I just about pee, and I get to feeling pretty good about myself.
  • Thanks everyone for the support!!! It means alot!!! Once my workday is done...I'm planning on hitting the gym and will B*#&ch the whole time, but at least it will be out of my system and I will get over it. Hopefully this rain cloud will go away soon!
This discussion has been closed.