New Rules of Lifting for Women

ouryear002
ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
So I got this book because I've heard good things about it. I want and need to lose weight, but I also want to be strong and fit, not just thin. I'm planning on starting this once I finish 30 day shred. My question- Right now I am eating 1200/day + exercise calories. This plan has me eating 1800 calories on non-workout days and 2000 on training days. I understand the science, but I am still freaked by the idea of eating that much. Any women out there that have followed this with success?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    First off LOVE this book. Just started at the first of the year and I am down 7 lbs. Tho I haven't measured with inches lately I can tell those are going down as well. The book has me at 2000 non workout and 2300 workout which I have gone with 1700 and 2000 because I know from past experience this is what works for me. Good Luck!! Hope you have great success as well!
  • ouryear002
    Thanks!
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    I have the book but when I used it a few years ago I only followed the weight lifting part and followed my own diet plan. I don't remember liking the program much, but should probably revisit the book bc it had a lot of good info.
  • I tried it out several months ago and struggled with the exact same thing. I ended up eating FAR too few calories and was stuck in a brain fog for days. It sucked! I put the book aside because I just wasn't willing to eat that much.

Now that I have lost a bit more weight, I am going to start it up again. Despite feeling funky on days I didn't eat enough, I really loved it and saw changes FAST! It also made me feel strong!

When are you going to start? I am getting back at it Monday. Support group!!
  • Whoops, and let me add that my plan is to increase my calorie intake slowly. I'm not going to dive right in to 1900 a day, just work my way up there and re-evaluate at 4 weeks like he suggests.
  • ouryear002
    I've still got 20 days to go on 30 day shred. I want to finish it first. I would love to form a support group of anyone doing New Rules. I also planned on slowly upping my calories. I'm already working harder on making sure I eat back all of my exercise calories, which gets me closer to the nonworkout amount he recommends.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Schuler & Cosgrove are the men! I haven't used NROL for women because I'm not a woman, but I had GREAT results for both fat loss and muscle gain while following the original NROL book.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    The calorie counts they give you may or may not work for you. You need to keep track of your weight and make adjustments according to your needs.
  • seventysix06
    seventysix06 Posts: 88 Member
    I've still got 20 days to go on 30 day shred. I want to finish it first. I would love to form a support group of anyone doing New Rules. I also planned on slowly upping my calories. I'm already working harder on making sure I eat back all of my exercise calories, which gets me closer to the nonworkout amount he recommends.

Just started new rules :). Did the first workout just today and am already sore--tomorrow morning will be fun!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 784 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.