Saw my "frenemy" at the park today....

Options
I was at the park today running and I happened to see my friend, Amy, who I've known half my life. Amy has always been critical of my weight (even though she is also overweight) and in the past has called me fatso and other various other names. Nice, huh? Well, I haven't seen her in a while and when she saw me running I stopped, said hello and then said "Hey, why don't you come run with me?" Of course she declined and said "Oh, I have to run some errands." But I KNOW she never works out and has NO intentions of losing weight or getting healthy. I just smiled and said goodbye and off I ran. Then I even lapped her during my next lap and it felt SOOOOOOOOOOO good! She's about 5 inches shorter than me and 40lbs lighter, but she's still overweight for her height. I just can't wait until I'm her weight! I will get the last laugh in the end!

It just me feel good to lap her while running! :laugh:
Sorry, just had to share!

Replies

• atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i love it!!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    If she is critical of you, but doesn't want to do it for herself, that sounds to me like she's projecting her feelings for herself onto you. Congrats for recognizing her for who she is: a frenemy.
  • sweetangelfor20
    Options
    Kill her with kindness...always feels so good! Smile and be proud of the choices you are making for yourself! Good Job!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I don't blame you ... I feel the same way about a co-worker who is now taking Adipex to lose weight but eating Domino's pizza 3 times a week. I guess we will see who is successful six months from now....
  • cclala
    cclala Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until you lap her twice----weighing 40 lbs less than her! You deserve to surround yourself by people who support you, good for you for blowing her off.
  • bullmastifflover
    bullmastifflover Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    :happy: That's awesome!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Feels good to be a little bad once in a while, lol. There's a woman at the gym who is always telling me I need to tone more. The other day, within her hearing, I had 3 different people tell me how buff arms are. Then during the aerobic class she had to stop to catch her breath a couple times, I just kept kickin' it. And of course I was doing it for me but "evil" Jessica was saying inside: there you go b**ch, who needs to tone and work out more now???
  • xxMsComptonxx
    Options
    :D
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    ha ha :D good for you!!! keep up the great work!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Sweeeet! I like the way you invited her lazy butt to join you! Kill 'em with kindness! And killer legs from all that running! :devil:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    That is great! I have a few of those myself. It's always a good feeling to smile and keep running!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    sweet!!! :)
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This made me smile.

Hopefully she will think before insulting people next time.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    YAY you!! Great story. Thanks for sharing :-)
  • ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sweetness!!

Want to know my motivation? My ex's current gf called me a fat cow a few months ago. Since then, I saw a pic she was tagged in on facebook (you know, the ones you don't want online!). In this pic, her gut is HANGING over her jeans (I don't know why she thought tucking her skin tight shirt into her too small jeans would be a good idea). I keep that on my phone so when I don't want to work out, or I feel bad about myself, I'll pull that pic out and giggle till I about wet myself.

Then suddenly I feel so much better :)
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Go you!!! That is awesome!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Sweetness!!

Want to know my motivation? My ex's current gf called me a fat cow a few months ago. Since then, I saw a pic she was tagged in on facebook (you know, the ones you don't want online!). In this pic, her gut is HANGING over her jeans (I don't know why she thought tucking her skin tight shirt into her too small jeans would be a good idea). I keep that on my phone so when I don't want to work out, or I feel bad about myself, I'll pull that pic out and giggle till I about wet myself.

Then suddenly I feel so much better :)

HAHAHAHA! And when you're done - show her the picture and thank her for being such good motivation for you!
  • Nina_Crowson
    Options
    I don't blame you ... I feel the same way about a co-worker who is now taking Adipex to lose weight but eating Domino's pizza 3 times a week. I guess we will see who is successful six months from now....

O you have one of those co workers to? Mine comes into our office we share with mcdonalds and sonic and canes, and im eating my carrots, she eats like 5 bags of chips and then takes calatren and she says im going to start working out with you(we have a gym in our building) She came once and walked for 5 minutes.. lol
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awesome...it felt good..even if you had to hide behind a tree to catch your breath..she didnt see you!! LOL!!!:drinker:
  • Abby98
    Abby98 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thats awesome!