Has anyone tried HCG drops?

Options
13»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine used it (monitored by a doctor). She had good success, but she stickly followed the 550 calorie a day diet required by the program. I think anyone would loose weight if they starved themselves like that.

Actually, when your body goes into starvation mode, it holds on to every last calorie it possible can to survive, so you don't actually lose weight. Eventually, you might, but that's when you're getting into eating disorder territory.

for the record eating 550 cals a day is not starvation mode..you would have to eat nothing for a pro longed period of at least 72 hours, probably longer than that, to hit initial stages of starvation mode.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I say you quit! Youve been on this site from 2011 and only lost 9 lbs? It might sound mean but obviously youre not really trying to lose weight, you should develop a better relationship with food 1st before trying HCG!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Where can I sign up to drink someone else's pee and and be miserable on only 500 calories a day?!

I WANT IN!

I saw a woman sucking on dirty infant diapers was in the news recently. Maybe she's trying to lose weight too?
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    My niece was doing the drops about a year ago , I just saw her the other day and she looks like she has put on another 20 lbs since I last saw her ! No thank you

Eat real food , move more and the weight will come off.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    HCG is a wonderful way to screw up your metabolism. Nothing more.
  • lynleeg88
    lynleeg88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did the HGC injections. I did not like the way I felt, and the restriction made it hard. Very little food to eat. I too, didn't get hungry. But to the point food made me feel I'll and I couldn't eat.

HCG diets are a mixture of low carb and the hormone. Honestly, I had the same results, and problems with both HCG and Atkins. More results with Atkins, but keep in mind if you fail the weight comes back and more.

I did have a friend, the reason I tried, who had amazing results! And just as fast as promised.

One warning, if you are getting HCG from a store and not a doctor it is not real HCG.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor and he said yes... I didnt go for the real HCG but the herbal HCG, I am losing fast with it.

**Warning** DO NOT go for the 500 calories a day, I did and I stalled for 2 weeks, I had to up it to 1200 + exercised calories.

oh and btw the herbal HCG stuff I take is a mega appetite suppressor, I went from eating 2 1/2 plates to almost one and feel full for hours, when you stop the HCG youll feel hungry again but by that time hopefully you'll be maintaining.
  • lynleeg88
    lynleeg88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did the HGC injections. I did not like the way I felt, and the restriction made it hard. Very little food to eat. I too, didn't get hungry. But to the point food made me feel I'll and I couldn't eat.

HCG diets are a mixture of low carb and the hormone. Honestly, I had the same results, and problems with both HCG and Atkins. More results with Atkins, but keep in mind if you fail the weight comes back and more.

I did have a friend, the reason I tried, who had amazing results! And just as fast as promised.

One warning, if you are getting HCG from a store and not a doctor it is not real HCG.

I wish to add, that though I am no success story, my best results cane from simple diet and exercise. Was a size 4, 130-135 lbs. I lost it after something personal and gained again. But the best results and most lasting results is diet and exercise.