I'm torn and I need advice (not super serious)

Options
Ok...

So I am off to see Manda in Odessa on Monday and my flight is at 6am. I have to be at the airport 45 minutes before to check my bag, go through security etc.

My dilemma is this....

I am flyign out of Charlotte which is about a two hour drive from my hometown. If I was to stay here and drive through to the airport, it would require that I get off work at 8, get in bed by 9 or 10 (probably lay there for an hour or two before falling asleep, night person here) and have to be up by 2 or 2:30 to make it to the airport by 5am (barring anything bad happening)

Or

Do I just get a $75.00 dollar room in charlotte for the night, drive down after I get off work, be able to get in bed by 11:00 or so, and be up by 4 or 4:30 to make my flight?

I mean, I know it seems obvious what I should do, but $75.00 is a decent amount of money considering I won't even be checked in but for 5 hours or 6 hours. I mean, I'm certain I can power though it and sleep on the flight, but I don't want to get to El Paso and feel completely crappy.

*sigh*

So...what do I do?

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Ok...

So I am off to see Manda in Odessa on Monday and my flight is at 6am. I have to be at the airport 45 minutes before to check my bag, go through security etc.

My dilemma is this....

I am flyign out of Charlotte which is about a two hour drive from my hometown. If I was to stay here and drive through to the airport, it would require that I get off work at 8, get in bed by 9 or 10 (probably lay there for an hour or two before falling asleep, night person here) and have to be up by 2 or 2:30 to make it to the airport by 5am (barring anything bad happening)

Or

Do I just get a $75.00 dollar room in charlotte for the night, drive down after I get off work, be able to get in bed by 11:00 or so, and be up by 4 or 4:30 to make my flight?

I mean, I know it seems obvious what I should do, but $75.00 is a decent amount of money considering I won't even be checked in but for 5 hours or 6 hours. I mean, I'm certain I can power though it and sleep on the flight, but I don't want to get to El Paso and feel completely crappy.

*sigh*

So...what do I do?
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Knowing the luck I have myself... I would spend the night as close as possible to avoid any other issues that could get in my way of catching my flight. I wouldn't sleep the night before as it was, but if I had additional worries like that... I wouldn't get any sleep at all :laugh: Been there, done that, don't have the t-shirt anymore, but learned some good lessons. Don't get there any more tired out then U have too. :flowerforyou:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Would it be possible to just drive to the airport and stay there, since you probably won't be sleeping much anyway!? You could always sleep on the flight. Just a thought.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi Buddy! Have a great visit!

I'm into comfort...I would opt for the hotel room close to the airport so you'll be fresh.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I would just sleep at home.....I doubt you will get much sleep anyway no matter where you are the night before. You'll be up and ready to go long before you need to.

Just caught up on this visit..............good luck you guys. I met my hubby on the internet. :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    You probably would have said it, but do you know anyone in Charlotte that would let you crash at their place for the night???
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Stay over night. Have a nice trip.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I would just sleep at home.....I doubt you will get much sleep anyway no matter where you are the night before. You'll be up and ready to go long before you need to.

Just caught up on this visit..............good luck you guys. I met my hubby on the internet. :flowerforyou:

I agree with this =o)
    AND I met my hubby on the internet too! No pressure!! haha!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

I agree with this =o)

I met my fiance on the internet. But we didnt have to travel, we went to the same university when we met.... still counts ?
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

I agree with this =o)

I met my fiance on the internet. But we didnt have to travel, we went to the same university when we met.... still counts ?

Of course! lol
    Jamie and I met in the same city after FIRST meeting online...=o)
    We agreed to meet for coffee.....=o)
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I met my partner online as well! I think that it's becoming more common for sure!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Well, I have to admit, I was skeptical about meeting someone online. I have never really had a problem meeting anyone in person, so the prospect of dating someone who lives half a country away seemed slightly foolish.

Then *bam* it happened.

It has been an amazing romance so far. I look very forward to taking the next step. She's a beautiful amazing person, and I feel completely blessed to have met her.

It does indeed seem to be much more normal to meet people online these days. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. We are a digitally connected generation of people, we are in instant communication, no information is beyond our 'google-fu' and the world has become much much smaller because of it. I guess it's only natural that we broaden the pool of possible mates as well.

So, sorry girls of Boone NC. My heart has been won over by a girl from Texas. Vitamin-J is off the market....

I hear the internet is a great place to meet people though....
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Well, I have to admit, I was skeptical about meeting someone online. I have never really had a problem meeting anyone in person, so the prospect of dating someone who lives half a country away seemed slightly foolish.

Then *bam* it happened.

It has been an amazing romance so far. I look very forward to taking the next step. She's a beautiful amazing person, and I feel completely blessed to have met her.

It does indeed seem to be much more normal to meet people online these days. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. We are a digitally connected generation of people, we are in instant communication, no information is beyond our 'google-fu' and the world has become much much smaller because of it. I guess it's only natural that we broaden the pool of possible mates as well.

So, sorry girls of Boone NC. My heart has been won over by a girl from Texas. Vitamin-J is off the market....

I would stay in the airport cause if you were me I wouldn't be able to get any sleep being so excited
    i can only imagine how excited you guys both are..... I found my first love again online after 8 years of trying to find him...we talk almost everyday online now and cam but he is stationed in japan so thank god for technology don't know what will come of us but I am enjoying it right now. We're not dating or anything just taking it slow.

:heart: to the both of you!
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    personally, i'd rather try to sleep in my own bed for a few hours, drive to the airport at 2:30am and get there and then I'd be sleepy on the plane so i could nap on my way. that is what i would do, i just do better sleeping in my own bed rather than a hotel!!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

Then *bam* it happened.

My niece met her husband on the internet. They now have 1 boy 6 and twin girls 3 and they love each other very much.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You only get one chance to meet someone in person for the first time. Why be rushed throughout the day?
    1. Take the day off.
    2. Spend the $75 on a nice gift.
    3. Get in a workout to relax.
    4. Have a nice meal.
    5. Stay at home go to bed early.
    6. Wake up go to airport.
    7. Arrive to meet your sweety refreshed and ready for the day.

Good luck and have a great time.:drinker:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Good luck and have fun!
    If I were in your shoes, I'd be too excited and nervous to worry about sleeping.
    As a couple of other posters have said, why not just catch a nap on the plane?

I hope it works out for the two of you. Keep us posted!:flowerforyou:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello Sg....

My 2 cents is to follow your gut...that instinct is there for a reason.

WIshing you a wonderful trip :happy:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My parents met online Jan. 2002, they met in Feb, were engaged by July, then married in Sept 2002... they have now been married almost 6 yrs. My Mom was single from the time I was 9 months old until I was 20!!! And now... finally... I've never seen her happier! It's so amazing how things work out these days!

Here's wishing the two of you a great week next week!! I know it won't be hard to have a great time with your new love! :drinker: :love: :drinker: :love: :drinker:

:heart: Kris
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    you'll be too excited to sleep, and when you do finally get to your destination, you'll be so psyched that you won't be tired.