Hola

Options
I'm new to this site. And to using forums in general. I'm a long time nerd and until two years ago was resistant to any form of changing my ways with regards to exercise and diet. Last year, after being cajoled into it by a friend, I trained for and ran a half-marathon. I lost about 20-25 pounds during the training and have kept it off.

Now I'm looking to make a big push. I'm about 50 pounds above where I'd like to be and now that I have the basics of exercise down, I'm pretty sure it's my diet that's holding me back. I've been using this site a week, but it's help me cut back on my calories already. I can't cut them down too far as I've decided to be ambitious and train for a full marathon (The Flying Pig in Cincinnati, OH) this coming April.

I figured, rather than going it alone, it might be nice to meet people of a similar mind. Being healthy, looking good and rocking life. Hello!

Replies

• ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The site and its members are great motivators so you are well on your way to success! I lived in Mason for about 3 years - miss the area ;(

Karen
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Hello Anadaseva,

I'm new too. Thank you for sharing your story :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations on running that marathon!! I'd say if you can run the marathon you can do anything! Maybe you should plan 1 marathon per year if that worked so well for you.
  • brittneyjo89
    Options
    great for you! This site helps so much with tracking foods, excersise and not to mention all the great support you will get from other users. It has definately helped me on my journey. Way to go on your marathons, keep up the good work!
  • goodstarbuck
    Options
    @Karen - I like the area too. I'm originally from Cleveland, but generally speaking I like the climate down here a little better.

@Crystal - I was thinking something along those lines. Marathon training seems to be really good for breaking out of the winter rut. I figured I'd do a progression. First a half, then a full. Maybe more than one full marathon next year.

@Brittney - It's already become a pretty useful tool. I've been tracking for just under a week and it's made it easier, at least, to see where my problem areas are as far as calorie intake. Love the food and exercise database. :)

Thanks for making me not feel so much like the new kid on the block.