snacking

Options
I work as a caretaker at a primary school and when i'm busy i dont think about food but when its all quiet (i work til 9pm) i snack and then regret it. Fruit is ok but i always end up grabbing a bag of crisps or a few biscuits. Cant avoid them either because they are in the staff room and its easy.

Replies

• oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking that because just now i needed something to eat and all we have is vending machines.. now i coulda went with the Baked Garden Salsa chips but instead went with the BBQ fritos... On my defense idid only eat HALF the bag :)
  • hobojo
    hobojo Posts: 4
    Options
    look into bringing your own snacks with you and be sure its the appropriate serving that meets your daily intake. im on my butt all day and i used to do that as well.... small portions of nuts and low carb items will help the inactive body get over its lil hunger periods. i was doing some reading and i believe if an item has more dense calories, it will make you feel more full and will contain less calories. items with more water in them rather than other things, aka, lettuce and veggies and such things..i know Light Tuna in water is good too. i dont know how much this might have helped but i hope it did somethng.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Oh come ON. You can avoid them, you just don't want to. Seriously? If they're there, so what? Don't eat them. Easy.

You have to man* up and just don't eat things that will not help you get healthy.

*You get my meaning.
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I mean i was first to admit i got what i wanted rather than the "right" choice... but if i deprive myself i will NEVER get anywhere because i will eventually just give up and go back to eating whatever whenever...

Usually i do bring in my snacks (celery, 100 calorie snacks, carrots, string cheese) but this week i just havent had time to get to the grocery store.

AND i agree that is the best way to avoid snacking on the not so healthy stuff... bring healthy stuff you like....