I want a flat tummy

Options
What are some exercises to help target the tummy area, besides crunches. I do crunches and side cruches with weights and my exercise ball. I would like more ideas please. I just want to keep mixing it up. Thank you so much!

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yoga is great for that. Check out Ana Brett's dvds.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Leg lifts lying flat on your back lifting both legs at same time (bring back down without letting legs hit floor). Do as many as possible in a row.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Power90 has done wonders for my midsection...It doesn't focus on just the midsection - but the whole body. What's youe sodium intake like?
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Situps and ab exercises tone the muscles underneath the fat on top. To lose the fat you must do cardio, cardio, cardio to lose the weight. It takes time and effort, but you will get there. Ab pilates is great for lenghtening and toning the area to make it leaner!
  • runner915
    runner915 Posts: 106
    Options
    Planks are amazing for your core! They work all the muscle of your core, plus there are so many variations of them that you can do as you progress so that they always remain challenging. Also, the Insanity DVD program has a DVD called insane abs that really is ridiculously challenging but so worth it! You might be able to buy just that DVD on ebay.
  • lmackey01
    Options
    Situps and ab exercises tone the muscles underneath the fat on top. To lose the fat you must do cardio, cardio, cardio to lose the weight. It takes time and effort, but you will get there. Ab pilates is great for lenghtening and toning the area to make it leaner!

+1 You will never see the abs you're toning if you don't get rid of the fat on top, which can only be done with cardio. Do them both together for best results.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Pilates is awesome for working your entire core.
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, running helps a lot with the abs. I started this weight loss journey working out a lot, and doing lots of workout dvds. My body was toning up and I was losing alot of weight but people never stopped asking me whether am expecting a baby until I started doing 30 mins walk/jog on treadmill every day or every other day in addition to my scheduled workouts. Good luck on your healthy lifestyle.
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    I've got say the best thing for your tummy, go check out some Zumba routines on YouTube, as for me a person who used to have a stomach and I looked like I was 20 months pregnant, believe me for the first time in my 41 years, I have muscles under there.. My core is super strong!!!
  • stopandsayuloveme
    Options
    Thank you all very very much! I will look into and start trying your comments. Thanks again! Have a blessed week all! :happy: