Lap Swimmers and Triathletes

Echoshill
Echoshill Posts: 42 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I hate posts like this, but here I go.

Has anyone ever experienced vertigo after swimming?

In my case, I swam on Friday morning and spent a good bit of time working on breathing. What this means is a half an hour against the side of the pool rotating my head one way then the other just breathing. Now, I have swam for years with no issues, but this was the first time I ever just worked on breathing.

Sunday afternoon I started to develop the worse case of vertigo you can imagine. Visited the DR he states my sinus and ears look clear and simply gave me some motion sickness meds. I was not significantly impressed with him as a DR.

Anyone? How long did it last?

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    What exactly have you been doing to focus on your breathing?
    I was a swimmer for about 11 years. I've had all sorts of spells of dizziness, shortness of breath, cramps... I don't think i've had vertigo though.
  • Echoshill
    Echoshill Posts: 42 Member
    Well, it was pretty much as I wrote: About a half an hour with one arm on the side of the pool with a float between my knees.

Roatate my head one way (say to the right) inhale, rotate in to the water and exhale. Then the same to the left. I was working on not lifting my head out of the water and timing.
This discussion has been closed.