Is it bad to shift your daily calories by 600 from day to da

Options
Hi!

I am thinking of reducing my cardio workouts from 7 days a week to 4 times a week but I am scared that it would be difficult to do one day 1200 cals and next day 1800 (with my exercise cals). Is that bad for the body? If it is, I'd rather keep my 7 days workout.

Thanks!

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    id say it was good.. keeps your body guessing how many calories
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You might want to try mixing up your workouts - do some weight training or yoga in place of a few days of cardio. You will still burn calories and use some different muscles.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I do this on accident and have found it's the best way to lose weight for me.

Yesterday my NET cals were low (900 something I think), but I still had every last ounce of energy I needed to lift some serious weight.
    Today my NET cals are going to end up around 12-1300 and I'm feeling fine.
    On Sunday, my NET cals were around 1700 and I lost 0.5 lb. (still losing water weight FYI) from Sunday to Monday.
    When I lost my first 20 lbs., this was how I did it. Only when I stayed really low for more than a few days (2 weeks or so) did I notice a problem (not enough strength to power through a workout).

I'd say you're fine, but listen to what your body's telling you.
  • marianmaj
    marianmaj Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The important factor is the INTENSITY of your workout..do it less oftern but give it your all and you will get results.
  • marianmaj
    marianmaj Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The important factor is the INTENSITY of your workout..do it less often but give it your all and you will get results.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Doing something similar with my calories is actually what finally broke me out of my plateau, so I'd say it's not a bad thing.