Cabbage and chicken noodle soup

Options
amandat_79
amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
I made this last night when I discovered that I didn't really like coleslaw without the "official coleslaw dressing" and needed to find something to do with the rest of the cabbage and carrots. It's super filling and low in calories.

1/4 c onions (20 cal)
1/4 c green peppers (10 cal)
1 bag Dole ready-cut coleslaw (125 cal)
1 can low-sodium chicken broth (40 cal)
water
1 chicken breast (cooked and cubed) (130 cals)
2 c. No Name broad noodles (approx 1/4 bag) (350 cals)
celery salt, salt & pepper

Brown onions and green peppers in non-stick spray (just to bring out additional flavor) Bring broth and additional water (amt depends on how much broth you like) to a boil. Add cabbage, onions, green peppers and chicken breast. Simmer for 15 mins. Add noodles and continue to simmer until noodles are cooked. Season to taste.

This recipe makes 4 very big servings which work out to 170 cal; 1 g. fat; 26 g carbs; 13g protein. Enjoy :)

Replies

• amandat_79
    Options
    I made this last night when I discovered that I didn't really like coleslaw without the "official coleslaw dressing" and needed to find something to do with the rest of the cabbage and carrots. It's super filling and low in calories.

1/4 c onions (20 cal)
    water

Brown onions and green peppers in non-stick spray (just to bring out additional flavor) Bring broth and additional water (amt depends on how much broth you like) to a boil. Add cabbage, onions, green peppers and chicken breast. Simmer for 15 mins. Add noodles and continue to simmer until noodles are cooked. Season to taste.

This recipe makes 4 very big servings which work out to 170 cal; 1 g. fat; 26 g carbs; 13g protein. Enjoy :)
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

1/4 c onions (20 cal)
    water

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, thanks!
  • amandat_79
    Options
    You're both very welcome - I hope you like it as much as I do.