4hrs 2 Your Perfect Body (Anyone see Dr Oz)

Options
Interesting, but he was right when he said controversial....from
Ice Therapy: Triggers hormones: Ice packs/ice baths to shrink adipose tissue;
protein in a.m., squats after a big meal; to a pig out day, etc.

I've heard of drinking cold water...something about shrinking your stomach.
& a co-worker does the "pig out" day, but I'm still a skeptical.

(3 - 4 min each)
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/four-hours-your-perfect-body-pt-1
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/four-hours-your-perfect-body-pt-2
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/four-hours-your-perfect-body-pt-3

Thoughts on these strategies/ideas?

Replies

• circadianswing
    circadianswing Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the slow carb diet as prescribed in Timothy Ferriss' 4 hour book since beginning of January. I'm very pleased with the weight loss results. In addition, my energy level has increased tremendously, and I have found the motivation to add both cardio and strength training exercise regiments. I believe the nutrition on this diet has been the best I've been exposed to... a lot better than the processed foods. It did take some use to getting to, but the fact that one day a week I eat whatever I want, I really don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I have not done the ice therapy, but if his diet is any indication of his findings, then I'm sure it probably works.
  • Nic0522
    Options
    Question about the slow carb diet / binge day: Everytime I start to do it I get the worst sugar withdrawals and I end up giving up after a few days. So what happens when you actually succeed in doing slow carb for a week and then have your binge day? Do you go through sugar withdrawal again the next day?

Thanks!!!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • circadianswing
    circadianswing Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Question about the slow carb diet / binge day: Everytime I start to do it I get the worst sugar withdrawals and I end up giving up after a few days. So what happens when you actually succeed in doing slow carb for a week and then have your binge day? Do you go through sugar withdrawal again the next day?

Thanks!!!

NicC72 - You could try easing into the diet, and just reduce your sugar intake if you believe you're hitting withdrawals. Perhaps take a week or 2 to bring it down. I believe like anything else, we have spent years training our bodies to accept certain foods etc, so changing it, always brings resistance from our body. In the past when I have tried other things, including an exercise regime, I coincidentally seem to come down with a cold.

How I'm feeling on/after the binge day is evolving (only been 6 weeks) Last week, I have found that on my binge day, I was very sensitive to eating a "white" carb diet. a deli sandwich and some fries gave me a food coma, and I really lost the incredible energy I've been feeling throughout the week. I eat the junk, but anticipate feeling better the following day, and if anything, feel energized to eat healthy for upcoming week. That would be opposite from feeling any kind of withdrawal.
  • Nic0522
    Options
    thanks for your input - i'll try easing in (maybe keep my 1/2 whole wheat pita in the am and an oz of dark chocolate in the evening) and see what happens.