chick fil a

Options
so i ate chick fil a today uuugghhh. i had a grilled chicken sandwhich and a medium fry with a diet dr.pepper. it took half of my calories for the day :( I feel horrible now for eating there just need some string words of incouragement so i dont do it again sigh i was doing so good

Replies

• klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    at least you know now what it costs you in calories and I bet you also know it wasn't worth it. Just remind yourself of this everytime you think it sounds good
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    so i ate chick fil a today uuugghhh. i had a grilled chicken sandwhich and a medium fry with a diet dr.pepper. it took half of my calories for the day :( I feel horrible now for eating there just need some string words of incouragement so i dont do it again sigh i was doing so good

Try Subway or Taco Bell next time. The Fresco menu at Taco Bell is awesome. You'll fine, change does not happen overnight.

:drinker:
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    mmmm chik-fil-a is my new found food-obsession! I love the original chicken sandwich, and I dont beat myself up over having one every once in a while (maybe one or two a month). I dont like fries, but if you are going to eat there, maybe get a side salad or fruit cup instead. Shouldn't have to deprive yourself, just try to make better choices and it'll be okay!

But I hear you...it's shocking to see one meal use up all your calories for the day.
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    I ate there today, too, but I ordered 4 nuggets from the kids meal, and only ate half the small fries and a kid diet Dr. Pepper. I was still a little hungry afterwards, but drank a bunch of water, too. I ate cheetos puffs earlier as a snack because I forgot to pack something for myself when we left the house, so I didn't want to go crazy.
  • mwkinney
    mwkinney Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you want Chick Fil-A every once and a while, EAT IT! You can't stop living your life and depriving yourself of all the awesome things it has to offer. Your body doesnt sense "OH MY GOD NOT CHICK FIL A" it only registers food as food. Have a little less for dinner and everything will be fine!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    We all have our days of unhealthy foods...Don't dwell to much on it. Focus on tomorrow's another day...Drink lots of water to flush out the sodium, and tomorrow as well. Perhaps 'up' your workout or do double of it today or tomorrow. Keep your head up and be proud of the 42lbs you have lost so far :) Have a great night xo
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Next time,when you order, ask for extra lettuce, tomato, take the bun off the chicken or eat 1/2 the bun, no sauce. And instead of fries order a medium Fruit Salad and Water instead of the soda. That will save you some calories, sugar and fat.
    Just need to learn how to "make it your way" to make it healthy.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    on the other hand, there are many many worse fast food places to eat. Next time try to skip the fries and that'll save you a ton of calories. However, if you are in need of a fries-fix, Chick Fil A's are among the better choices of all the options out there.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over one incident. It happens. Obviously, one meal does not ruin everything. Just a small setback, as long as you don't make a habit of it. Take what you learned and promise yourself not to do that again any time soon. I like C-F-A, too ... and pizza and German chocolate cake and ....
    Think how much more you will like your new size and shape instead of one measly meal.
    Put your eyes on the long-term goal to make the little sacrifices seem insignificant.
    I've got faith in you, so hang in there.
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Ill NEVER eat at taco bell not after th report i read this morning LOL. For dinner i made steamed broccoli and cauliflower so it was a super healthy and low calorie dinenr im sure I will have some kind of snack maybe mini rice cakes later when i get a lil hungry so thats the good note of the day
  • youngtweezy
    Options
    The salads are low calorie and delicious, as long as you hold the dressing or cut it in half. Also, the sandwich combos aren't bad if you substitute salad or a fruit cup. Delicious! :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You know what? We all do that sometimes. Last week my husband brought home Dairy Queen chicken strip baskets for dinner as a surprise, and I didn't even think to check the calories before I chowed down on the whole thing. It put me like 950 calories over for my day. Eesh, that sucked. But you know what? I still lost a pound and a half that week. It's one day. It's one meal. Now you know, and you can make better choices for the rest of the day, and then again tomorrow. It happens. It happened. Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I LOVE chik fil a! Definitely my favorite!

As long as you're not eating there every day I think you will be fine. Don't beat yourself up about it!
  • Othos
    Othos Posts: 33
    Options
    I'll echo everyone else and tell you to not worry too much about it. Honestly, the only thing that bugs me about unhealthy food is how much of my day's allowance it wastes. For instance, a burger and fries at Red Robin can consume my entire day's supply of calories!

On the other hand, it IS possible to eat horribly and still trim a few calories. For instance, last night I ate a 5 Alarm burger at Red Robin for dinner. However I asked them to skip the cheese and mayo, and to use regular jalapenos instead of the deep fried ones. Instead of fries, I got fruit. Those choices cut the calories for the meal in half, and I still got to have a huge, juicy, very filling burger.

I think the key is to find ways to indulge in "unhealthy" eating that still keeps me within my calories for the day, and gives me the most bang for the buck.
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great piece of advice! My best friend told me this today as well. She encouraged me to sign up for the site.
    She works out every day and eats well. I'm only 2 days into this. She told me if you slip up and have something naughty don't beat yourself up for it. Just get back on track. As far as Chic Fil A goes I don't blame you. I used to be addicted to the original chicken sandwich...when I could afford it and was being bad ,I ate there 3 times a week!