How many calories for snacks?

Options
Hello, I am trying this whole "Eat 6 small meals a day" thing and I seem to always run out of calories leaving myself with only 300 to 500 calories for dinner and an evening snack. For those of you who are doing this same eating ritual, how many calories do you give yourself for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? I'd be interested to hear from anyone!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    what works for me is 400 (roughly) for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
    Morning snack, Afternoon Snack and Night snack are all 100
    TOTAL CALORIES FOR THE DAY: 1500

then I usually burn off around 300 so I'm left with my NET calories of 1200.
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    My meals are between 400 and 500 calories. For snacks, I try not to go over 300. I rarely have a morning snack though, so I basically have about 4-5 meals a day if I can.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Well it depends on if I am going to workout or not that day

If I am not going to, I do 200 calories a meal (1200)

Or

If I am I do 300 cals a meal (1800)
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well, it really all depends on how many calories per day your goal is. Right now I am sick with strep throat so my diet is suffering as much as I am ha.. but I typically eat 6 small "meals" a day.. The key is that I don't have a big meal. I eat 6 times a day but always between 200-300 calories per "meal" with about 20g of protein per "meal." Everyone has different eating methods for losing weight, but this works for me and keeps me from feeling hungry all day. :flowerforyou:
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Diet Chef 1500.

Breakfast - 400 (Muesli and a Milkshake)
    Snack - 90 (2 Oat Biscuits)
    Lunch - 350 (Soup, apple and Jerky)
    Snack - 110 (Popcorn)
    Dinner - 500
    Snack - 50 (Apple or Oat Biscuit)

give or take a bit, if my calorie defecit is more than 1100 for the day then I consume more to make it up.
  • spuzo
    spuzo Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm new to this, so take my advice for what it's worth....

I allow myself 1600 cals/day and from my patterns, it breaks down as follows:

Breakfast 400
    Snack 150
    Lunch 500
    Snack 150
    Dinner 400
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My wife is on 1200 calories and we try to stay under 450 a meal and 200 for snacks....BUT at the gym we try to burn off one meal! 3 meals, 2 snacks. The days we don't go to gym diet is real strict, as close or under 1200 as possible.
  • jensmeows
    Options
    Thank you for all the help! I am on a 1,200 calorie diet so right now I try to keep my meals around 200 to 300, including snacks, but I feel like I am eating too much. From what it sounds like from everyone else, I am right on track so i am going to stop worrying about it and hopefully start seeing the weight melt off =)