Five minute whole wheat pizza crust

Options
lotusfromthemud
lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
All that talk about pizza made me want to post this.

One of my faves from when I used to eat wheat. (The recipe sheet looks like it's been around the world, it's so well loved.) Eat some for me!

1 package yeast
1 cup very warm (but not hot) water
2.5 cups flour (whole wheat works great)
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt
optional: italian herbs blend, about 1 tsp

Dissolve yeast in water. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Knead five times in bowl, coat with a bit more olive oil and let stand 5 minutes. Roll into two small round pizzas, or use a standard cookie sheet for one large. Top as you like, bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes, until your cheese is bubbly.

The whole grain makes this extra filling. I'm not sure if it's lower cal, but you eat less because it's more filling than refined carbs.

From the Radiant Recovery website.

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    Options

One of my faves from when I used to eat wheat. (The recipe sheet looks like it's been around the world, it's so well loved.) Eat some for me!

1 package yeast
    2 tbs olive oil
    1 tsp salt

Dissolve yeast in water. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Knead five times in bowl, coat with a bit more olive oil and let stand 5 minutes. Roll into two small round pizzas, or use a standard cookie sheet for one large. Top as you like, bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes, until your cheese is bubbly.

The whole grain makes this extra filling. I'm not sure if it's lower cal, but you eat less because it's more filling than refined carbs.

• Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thank You!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Here is a mushroom sauce to go on the crust for you :wink:

3/4 pound fresh mushrooms
    1 medium size onion, peeled and finely chopped
    1 garlic clove crushed
    1 c canned crushed tomatoes
    1/4 tsp dried basil or fresh to taste
    1/8 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste

Cook, stirring, until mushrooms are lightly browned. Add the tomatoes and their liquid, herbs, and red pepper flakes, and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, another 5 minutes.

Spread the sauce over the crust.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Way Cool!
    Thanks!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

1 package yeast
    2 tbs olive oil
    1 tsp salt

Yay!!
    Thanks vivi!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    This has inspired me to try this with hemp flour, which I'm starting to experiment with. It has protein in it, but behaves a bit differently (OK, a lot differently) from wheat flour.

Pizza Party!!!!!!:drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    bump.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Oh yum yum yum yum!!!!!!!!
    thanks so much was looking to make us some homemade pizza and thinking whole wheat for me and this one sounds sooo good!

I can put some of that mushroom sauce too...which sounds awesome and spell out Go Pats in veggies LOL...thanks!
    Ali
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Bump
    shameless self promotion.:wink:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Bump - sounds great
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    both sound good
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    bumping to put in my topics........going to the store to buy the stuff today..........crust AND sauce!!

Mmmmm:flowerforyou: