P90X

sherrik10
sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
My husband and I are thinking about trying P90X and had a few quesitons. Do you have to have a chin-up bar? We have no place to put one. And do you have to follow the diet exactly? Will you still see results if you have to modify the workouts? Anyone out there that has done or is doing P90X would be a great help. Thanks.

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    My husband and I are thinking about trying P90X and had a few quesitons. Do you have to have a chin-up bar? We have no place to put one. And do you have to follow the diet exactly? Will you still see results if you have to modify the workouts? Anyone out there that has done or is doing P90X would be a great help. Thanks.

You do need to do some form of pull-ups. However if you use the resistance bands and the strap to mount it over the top of your door, you can accomplish the same idea. No you don't have to follow the diet exactly. P90X is more about creating a lifestyle. If you want the results you see on TV you will have to follow the nutritional guide. Tony shows you how to modify the exercises to fit your needs and abilities.

I am a Team Beachbody Coach and have completed almost 2 rounds, now. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    It's not incredibly necessary to get the chin up bar. My husband and I did our first round with an assortment of resistance bands. www.bodylastic.com or TRX has a great selection of resistance bands, including the Beachbody website. Also, for additional bands you can go to Sports Authority. The DVD's show you how to improvise each move without the pull up bar.

The diet - it is recommended to increase your protein to 35-45%, but I don't recommend eating amount the calories that they recommend.
  • You do need the chin up bar and for real results you should stick to the meal plans closely. Also there would be no point to get the P90X if your not going to follow the workout in the DVD's. Its a great workout and really works.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member

Let me put it this way. If you haven't done a pull up in years, or maybe never in your life, you still can use a chin-up bar with the modifications they explain in the DVD. The alternative as mentioned here is resistance bands. The Pros about it is that you can adjust intensity by sitting closer or away from wherever you attach it, the cons is that if you buy a cheap one, it might not have enough resistance or it can break. Good resistance bands can be as expensive as a good chin-up bar from Sports Authority.

Basically I prefer having one than using the bands.
  • sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Thank you everyone. Your advice has been very helpful. Hopefully in the next few weeks we will be P90Xer's!
  • LJCDuke11
    LJCDuke11 Posts: 103 Member
    Just a suggestion... My husband put his chin up bar in the garage. He went to Lowe's, bought some metal pipes and elbows, and fastened it to the rafters in the attic. My idea... he made it happen though! =)
This discussion has been closed.