FLOOD!!!

Just wanted to ask that you all lift up some prayers for families here in Indiana. Over the night and into the day today we have had some major flooding. Many have lost homes and more. I managed to drive home from my sister's apartment in Indianapolis earlier today, however, due to flash flooding I am now blocked in on my street. I actually managed to drive in the one road that was open earlier and the water was coming in my car through the bottom of my doors. I live in the middle of my town off of a major street!! Now all the roads leading to my home have now been closed off, plus many interstates have been shut down.

There have been dams that have collapsed in some towns and caused even more floods. We have had anywhere from 6-11 inches of rain in the last 12 hours and many are now trapped in their homes and cars. This has affected much of the southern part of the state from Indianapolis down.

Pray for safety and for the upcoming days of recovering from this terrible situation that is affecting many many people

www.whtr.com

:heart: Jennifer

Replies

• sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Just wanted to ask that you all lift up some prayers for families here in Indiana. Over the night and into the day today we have had some major flooding. Many have lost homes and more. I managed to drive home from my sister's apartment in Indianapolis earlier today, however, due to flash flooding I am now blocked in on my street. I actually managed to drive in the one road that was open earlier and the water was coming in my car through the bottom of my doors. I live in the middle of my town off of a major street!! Now all the roads leading to my home have now been closed off, plus many interstates have been shut down.

There have been dams that have collapsed in some towns and caused even more floods. We have had anywhere from 6-11 inches of rain in the last 12 hours and many are now trapped in their homes and cars. This has affected much of the southern part of the state from Indianapolis down.

Pray for safety and for the upcoming days of recovering from this terrible situation that is affecting many many people

www.whtr.com

:heart: Jennifer
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    OMG coming from someone who lives in a high flood area myself, my thoughts are with you guys!
    :heart: Kel~
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    You got it!!!
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    waters are going down some in my area...woohoo!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My thoughts and prayers, hope everyone is safe:flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    You got it!
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Stay safe, you are all in my prayers
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    That's awful, Jen! :frown: Stay safe!! :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Watching it on the national news now!

Hope all is safe--prayers with you and all out that way.