Kinect Your Shape Fitness Evolved

kgs0201
kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all of you Kinect owners! I have a Kinect and I absolutely love it. I don't play it as much as I thought I would though... My issue is that the Your Shape Fitness game doesn't seem to have hard enough work outs. The personal trainer section has SO many breaks in it... I don't want breaks! I want an hour of intensity.. not 30 seconds here and 30 seconds there which is what I feel like I'm getting. Is there a way to turn off the breaks so the exercises just continue one after the other or is inevitable because the game is loading?

I feel like I'm wasting my time when I play Your Shape Fitness.. I could just do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and burn the same amount of calories in 20 minutes as it takes me to burn in over an hour with the game. Do I just need to keep playing and get to harder levels in the game?

And I love Dance Central.. no complaints on that one :-P

Replies

• girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    I have the Kinect and Your Shape as well. I don't mind the breaks in the personel training section, but when it comes to the cardio kick boxing I do hate when I have to go through slow before I can go at normal pace. I wonder if the biggest loser makes you wait? My ex's girlfriend has that one and she said it kicks her butt! I have Zumba as well and love that! I just did the Dance Central work out part tonight and loved it! Hopefully you'll find your balance because it is great for working out!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Have you thought of changing up to EA Sports Active 2? We have a group here (see my sig for the link to the thread). Most of us seem to like it.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    I hadn't thought about changing to the EA Active game. When I was looking at games to buy, the EA Active didn't get great reviews which is why I didn't really consider getting it. I'm about to start P90X with my fiance so I'll probably hold off on getting a new game for Kinect until we finish the first round. I'll definitely keep it in mind for when I get to maintenance mode though.

Thanks for the responses!
  • I wonder if the biggest loser makes you wait?

There's a free demo of Biggest Loser for Kinext on XBox right now. I tried it tonight - no breaks, it seems, and a pretty good workout (for a demo). It reminded me a lot of 30 Day Shred - a mix of short bursts of cardio, some ST, and then a yoga-influenced cool down. But you're moving right from the get-go and have lots of chances to see what the trainer is doing and correct your form before the exercise is over.

Still not sure if I'll buy it, but it is nice to try it out.
This discussion has been closed.