Total over eating day!

agibby76
agibby76 Posts: 36
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Hi all,
I am new to this site, about ten days in and have been doing fairly well. Someone please tell me that just because I totally over ate today that I can start again tomorrow. Feeling a bit guilty right now but hoping for a new day tomorrow.

Replies

• Every day is a chance to start fresh! Just restart tomorrow with some great cardio and you'll be fine :D
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    yep, been there and done that ---- you are fine
  • tomorrow is a new day, all of us have bad days, keep your head up and dont beat yourself up over it
  • kimwig
    kimwig Posts: 164
    Hi all,
    I am new to this site, about ten days in and have been doing fairly well. Someone please tell me that just because I totally over ate today that I can start again tomorrow. Feeling a bit guilty right now but hoping for a new day tomorrow.
    Try and understand why you over ate, to help you resist next time.
  • tarrox
    tarrox Posts: 47
    It's one day, it happens. Get up tomorrow with a positive attitude and know that abetter you is wating and you are worth it!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    going over isnt always a bad thing, it can actually help your metabolism, confuses it up a bit. I calorie cycle and have had many benefits.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Don't beat yourself up about it. It happens. Make the best of the rest of your day and start fresh tomorrow. One day out of ten is nothing. Think about the other 9 days you did so well and how good you felt about it.

Also, for what it's worth, some programs give you a "free day" or "cheat day" once per week. Depending if your program allows it, you can just call today your free day.

Anyway, there's nothing to gain from feeling guilty so just take a deep breath, smile, and make tomorrow a great day!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    You can totally start again tomorrow! You can start right now. I have mentioned a few times that last week I went over by like 950 calories because my hubby brought home DQ for dinner and I didn't check the calories before I dug in. I still lost a pound and a half this past week. Everybody has days like that once in a while. You just started, and you're learning how to manage your diet. Don't stress.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    If you stay here and post a lot *cough cough* like I do, it really helps, well it helps me. And you'll be fine :)
  • poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    OF COURSE!!! ONE DAY OF OVEREATING WILL NOT RUIN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS! YOU JUST HAVE TO TRUST THAT TOMORROW YOU WILL JUMP BACK IN THE GAME!!! WE ALL GOT YOUR BACK!!! AINT NOTHING TO IT BUT TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I did the same thing yesterday. The good news is that yes, you most certainly can just start over and old time. Don't worry!
  • td_ssam
    td_ssam Posts: 32
    Think about it this way. If you ate bad for 10 days, and then had one day of eating right and working out, would it make much of a difference? :-)

It's about overall trend. Your trend is 90% perfect. :-) Don't let it get you down. I usually eat 1200-1500 cals a day. Then had a 'cheat' day I wasn't proud of. I think I hit 4000 cals that day!!! So I doubled up on my workout the next day and made sure to eat extra healthy. :-)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Think about it this way. If you ate bad for 10 days, and then had one day of eating right and working out, would it make much of a difference? :-)

It's about overall trend. Your trend is 90% perfect. :-) Don't let it get you down.

Nicely said!
This discussion has been closed.