need food help

Options
i'm still kinda new to this but how do i put today together a meal plan when i need to eat 1800 healthy calories and only 90 grams of protein. everything i eat puts me over in protein.. can somebody help me please.

Replies

• jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    You need more protein than what it says on here. Most experts will tell you that whatever weight you want to be is how many grams of protein you need to be eating in a day. Protein is what helps grow and retain muscle. I always go way over what this site tells me I need to be consuming in protein. I eat anywhere between 100 and 130 grams of protein in a day.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i go over almost daily on protein. try to make it lean protein & if you're exercising it'll help you tone up :o) your body takes more effort to digest protein & fiber than any other nutrients. i suggest aiming to be over the suggested goal for fiber too & drinking at least 8 cups of water a day. good luck!
  • tacmedic2209
    Options
    If you are working out you will need more protein. Your muscles need it after a workout. Usually up to 40 min after a strength training work. That's why you see all these people in the gym buying protein shakes. It helps to repair, maintain and fuel your muscles so they don't break down. You don't have to buy shakes but get a good amount in after a workout. Some recent studies have said to much is bad. It can lead to heart disease or even strokes when your older. Who knows. If you don't work going is not gonna kill you. Remember your calorie goal is set for weight loss. If it was set for maintaining your present weight your nutritional values your protein and the other values would be higher. Going over is not a bad thing but it makes you look at how you can tweak your meals to make it fit. Like anything else it takes practice. You will find your balance point. If I can help more feel free to ask. Add me as a friend if you like.