Stationary workouts?

Restlessme
Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all, I usually have four hours at work where we are completely dead.

I was actually wondering because of this are there workouts I could do that don't need much...movement if that makes any sense? I work at a bank, so full out squats and whatnot are absolutely frowned upon, but I feel as if I could benefit from some type of workout in that time span.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• you can do isometric work and just keep thinking about pulling your abs in the whole time you're working to get extra core work.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    So I guess handstands are out.
    :wink:
    When I was working in an office I would do pushups off the sink in the ladies' room on the hour every hour.
    Also tricep dips using the arms of my office chair or the bathroom sink.
    One-legged calf raises too!
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    So I guess handstands are out.
    :wink:
    When I was working in an office I would do pushups off the sink in the ladies' room on the hour every hour.
    Also tricep dips using the arms of my office chair or the bathroom sink.
    One-legged calf raises too!

If only I could do handstands to begin with! I hadn't considered calf raises at all, so thank you. The pushups should come in handy for bathroom breaks. :happy:

Plus has anyone ever told you that you resemble Padma Lakshmi from Top Chef?
    you can do isometric work and just keep thinking about pulling your abs in the whole time you're working to get extra core work.

Not actually sure what isometric work is, though the word sounds familiar. Will definitely google it, so thanks so much.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Wow, thank you! That might be the best compliment ever!

Hopefully I smile more than she does though...her grouchy expressions on Top Chef crack me up.
This discussion has been closed.