Brand New Here

Kimlane70
Kimlane70 Posts: 117
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hey to all. I'm Kim. I'm 38 years old, 5'8", 194lbs. My goal weight is 145. My highest weight was 226. I think I finally figured out this losing weight thing after about 9 years of reading and research. I have been watching and cutting my calories and the weight is slowly coming off. I started off this round at 205 and am down to 194. So I'm so excited about that. I've tried so many "diets", and I'm done with that. I'm in it for the long haul. Here is a list of things I want to achieve: 1. weight loss 2. weight maintence 3. great overall health 4. disease free old age. I hope to find some weight loss buddies here at this site as well as maybe be able to help and encourage others along the way. I am one of those people who doesn't lose weight easily, but my attitude is I'll never stop trying. By the way, I love the calorie tracker on here, how cool is that! KIM G

Replies

• Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Hey to all. I'm Kim. I'm 38 years old, 5'8", 194lbs. My goal weight is 145. My highest weight was 226. I think I finally figured out this losing weight thing after about 9 years of reading and research. I have been watching and cutting my calories and the weight is slowly coming off. I started off this round at 205 and am down to 194. So I'm so excited about that. I've tried so many "diets", and I'm done with that. I'm in it for the long haul. Here is a list of things I want to achieve: 1. weight loss 2. weight maintence 3. great overall health 4. disease free old age. I hope to find some weight loss buddies here at this site as well as maybe be able to help and encourage others along the way. I am one of those people who doesn't lose weight easily, but my attitude is I'll never stop trying. By the way, I love the calorie tracker on here, how cool is that! KIM G
  • mypal1
    mypal1 Posts: 21
    Hii I'm new also. just logged in today, we sound like we are similar. your a little taller though. I'm
    42, 5"6" and weigh 170 want to also be healthy. Time to take it off. and keep it off
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Welcome to both of you! :flowerforyou:

I've been a faithful member for 5 months and have shed 40 lbs so far. You'll find folks of all ages and backgrounds here. The support, ideas, and tools here are incredible.

Good luck!:smile:
  • tamrajd
    tamrajd Posts: 86
    welcome, i've been a mamber for a month or so and it has helped me alot. being able to log my calories really helps me keep on track. good luck:happy:
  • kahoots
    kahoots Posts: 18 Member
    welcome. I find fitnesspal a great tool. Although at times you may not feel like entering nutrition facts, it really does help and it really only takes a few minutes out of your day. Good Luck to you!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Welcome! I have been on here for 3 weeks now and it has been a tremendous help. The feedback and support that everyone gives is wonderful.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Hello and welcome to all!!

The board is quite right now--the weekend you know! But during the week, it's hopping!

You'll find all the support and tips you need here. We're one family all working towards getting and staying healthy.

Here's some links to some previous posts you need to read--they will answer most if not all of the questions you probably have.

Again, welcome to the best site on the internet!

party0023.gif

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Welcome to both of you:flowerforyou: I agree with every one..... be careful this place is addicting and can lead to burnt food and strange looks from husbands and bosses:laugh:
    to our health:drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Welcome to both of you:flowerforyou: I agree with every one..... be careful this place is addicting and can lead to burnt food and strange looks from husbands and bosses:laugh:

And/or romance!!

Wahoooo!!

Group hug for Sarge and Manda!!

love0028.gif
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Kim welcome to our MFP family,

You know what the rule is with families...don't ya?

You can love us or you can find our faults (what faults? :glasses: )...but we alway stick together to get healthy!! :happy: :tongue:

Welcome again to the familia :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Welcome to the MFP Family... It is the best thing that I have found...
    Do Read all the post that Shorerider has suggested... They are like a bible to me...
    I'm sure that everybody here will be here if you ever need us...
    Melissa
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member

And/or romance!!

Wahoooo!!

Group hug for Sarge and Manda!!

love0028.gif

*giggle*

Aw, thanks..

:blushing:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Welcome ladies.

We're glad to have you. :happy:

We really do consider ourselves a family around here. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of any help at all.

-J

(Romance!!!! Where!?!?! *teehee*)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome ladies!! Best of luck! Let me know if I can help in any way!

-Tami
This discussion has been closed.