Attn: BodyBugg, BodyMedia and other Calorie Tracker Users

guardup
guardup Posts: 230
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
This is for those of you who use an electronic Calorie Tracker like BodyBugg or BodyMedia:

I have stepped up my training regimen and noticed over the past 2 weeks that my BMR has gone up 200 points. So if I do nothing all day, I am now burning just over 2000 calories instead of just over 1800.

I do expect a higher BMR when in recovery from an intense workout. But in my experience, the higher BMR only lasts a day or two. Not all the time.

I know that I put on a couple of pounds of muscle... but that's a 10% increase in BMR.... pretty high if you ask me. Not that I am complaining... I just want to be sure nothing is wrong with my BodyBugg. Also a possibility that the wicked cold temps that have swept New England might be causing me to burn hotter.

Was wondering if anyone else noticed this kind of increase in BMR with a higher workout rate?

Replies

• bolton05
    bolton05 Posts: 22 Member
    This may sound silly...but my bodybugg calorie count jumps when I am outside for a bit. I
    think it may be due to my body working to warm me up--but I don't want to pass on "bro science".
    Also, I have gained some muscle, and now I burn more calories even if I am chilling.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Meghan--

I am in my 6th week of a STS (Cathe Friedrich) strength training rotation, and know I've put on muscle. I have noticed that my BMR is about 200 points up as well. I haven't changed anything else, besides the STS workout. I still sleep the same number of hours, eat the same, etc. I'm chalking it up to more muscle burns more calories! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.