Hoping for 50, Looking at 30.

Options
Hi Everyone!

My name is Shannon. I'm from Ontario, Canada and I have made a goal of losing at least 30 lbs this year. I would love to lose 50 but right now, my main goal is 30.

I find that my problem is motivation. I start up really eager and then I fall off the bandwagon. I want to do it right this time and do this for myself which is why I signed up for MyFitnessPal. I'm hoping that I can find motivation here when I'm slacking and someone will kick my *kitten* and tell me to get my butt to the gym and not pick up McDonald's when I'm lazy.

Feel free to add me as a friend. We can motivate each other!

Replies

• soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Same goal here. You can add me as a friend and we'll motivate each other.
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    im hoping to lose 50 pounds too! by my birthday, so like 9 months. ekk i know
    Im having the big struggle of keeping away from tim hortons!

add me as a friend if you like and we can motivate one another!
  • stoddartsl
    Options
    If you want a reason to not pick up McDonalds you should watch one of those movies.... Fast Food Nation, Food Inc., etc.... In terms of motivation we are all here for you! We all want the same thing!! To be healthy and happy and sexy!!!! :) I find motivation in seeing the changes my body goes through... its awesome!! So don't forget to do some weight training! It will really help you see the muscle you are building! And that feels GREAT!! Plus the more muscle you have the more calories your body burns on its own!!! Good luck! I know you can do it! :)
  • nicocart
    nicocart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Stranger!

My name is Nicole I am am hoping to lose 30 pounds in the next 41 weeks (by my wedding anniversary). My problem is also motivation. I will help you Shannon by reminding you when I haven't seen you post (here or on Facebook) any updates and would love if you could do the same for me. Maybe when the weather is nicer we can see about getting together for walks/bikes and such.

-Nicole
  • shanners85
    shanners85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Definitely, Nicole! That sounds great! We're both aiming for the same goal which is awesome. Not sure if you're still going to Primer but if you got a membership and want a workout buddy, let me know!

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I hope we can all achieve our goals together!