old fat not baby fat

Options
:laugh: I'm new to this having never counted calories in my 61 yrs, but now I have this "old fat" on and can't blame it on anything but me. I only have about 15 pounds to loose but thats going to take being very strict about what I eat and starting to exercise. Most of my life 've been able to eat anything but no longer so here I am and hoping to get you on my team so I don't give up.I want to be in the y ounger than my years bracket not older, and besides look better in my clothes like I did.

Replies

• Dreambuilder
    Options
    :laugh: I'm new to this having never counted calories in my 61 yrs, but now I have this "old fat" on and can't blame it on anything but me. I only have about 15 pounds to loose but thats going to take being very strict about what I eat and starting to exercise. Most of my life 've been able to eat anything but no longer so here I am and hoping to get you on my team so I don't give up.I want to be in the y ounger than my years bracket not older, and besides look better in my clothes like I did.
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!
    :flowerforyou:
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi Dreambuilder! We're on your team!:happy:
  • tdroseler
    Options
    good for you!!!!

you came to a great place for encouragement and support...

we'll help you along
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Here for you Dream! Good luck!
  • Dreambuilder
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks everyone! Staying focused and not getting down on myself is key for me, but for the first time to have support from those who understand how tough it can be. We walked a very fast 2 mile walk today on the Sea walk, and just since starting the walking regime, I notice a difference. It used to take 45-50 min and now it takes 35 min and I don't have to stop to breathe. Progress!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    I notice a difference. It used to take 45-50 min and now it takes 35 min and I don't have to stop to breathe. Progress!

Dreams, Those things are what keep me going. I recently started doing cardio at the gym because of the wetter weather, and have found I can't trust the numbers the machines give me, so I just keep trying to "up" the difficulty factor and add a couple minutes.

Welcome and good luck!

~cm
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Completely off topic, but Cheryl, who is THAT in your picture?!

Now that's a calorie-free treat! Yum!