losing weight and toning

Options
okay im 18 if i loose weight will there be loose skin i dnt want that i wanna lose 40 by before july 1st and i juyst really dnt no wat to fallow okay my calories yes well wat bout exercise and fast food is all around me and my family will say im starving myself cuz theyre like that they wouldnt understand i wanna be healthy and slimmer

Replies

• elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    okay im 18 if i loose weight will there be loose skin i dnt want that

Maybe, but since you're young, it's less likely. Do a strength training regimen while you lose weight to help prevent loose skin.
    i wanna lose 40 by before july 1st and i juyst really dnt no wat to fallow okay my calories yes well wat bout exercise

Stick to your calorie goal, exercise as much as you're able, eat as many "healthy" things (fruits, vegetables, nuts, lean meats) as you can. Really it's that simple. Go walking 20-30 mins a day, or ride a bike, and lift dumbbells 2-3 times a week. Any exercise is better than no exercise, and if you hate your exercise routine you're much more likely to do NO exercise.
    my family will say im starving myself cuz theyre like that they wouldnt understand i wanna be healthy and slimmer

You have to do this for yourself and ignore them! But fast food isn't bad occasionally. Treats now and again are A-OK as long as you stick with your calorie limit!
  • stoddartsl
    Options
    tell anyone who is not supporting you to bug off!!! and then once you've reached your goal you can rub it in their faces! ;) Just don't REALLY starve yourself because then you will actually gain weight... keep a good line up of low cal and healthy snacks for when you are hungry! Good Luck!!! Oh and I am a little older than you but I have lost about 30 pounds and i don't have loose skin! So I doubt you would either!!! Stay motivated and surround yourself with people who support you!
  • etroupe
    etroupe Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi Patricia, I don't think there will be much if any loose skin. You are not loosing weight fast enough to see a big difference in how loose your skin is and the gradual weight loss should help in your skin elasticity returning to normal or as normal as possible. I am not a dr of course but I do not see how that will be a problem unless there was a sudden 40lb weight loss. My family thinks I am crazy at times because I am always looking at how much calories are in every meal I am planning on eating. I eat out all the time because my kids are in sports but I just choose items off of the menu that have the least amount of calories and if I go over my daily calories I walk or run on my treadmill if I am over by 100 or more and if I'm under I just let it go for the day and try not to go over my weekly calories. Good luck in your July date. Just remember that your doing this for a healthier you. : )
  • msJNFR
    msJNFR Posts: 7
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in three months (with no exercise! =\) & didn't have any loose skin. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you! Also, you can eat fast food as long as you make SMART choices. I'm a full-time college student and I work about 30 hours a week, so I don't have a lot of time to prepare my own meals. I usually look at the nutritional info for each place & go from there.

I just started exercising on Monday & I'm doing the Couch to 5K program (http://www.c25k.com/) plus some basic strength training twice a week. If you log your food & exercise on this website, you'll notice that the more calories you burn during cardio, the more calories you are allowed to consume for the day.

Good luck!