I've just joined and I am motivated to succeed

Options
Hello, I'm signed in as Carmartin, I have just joined and this site was highly recommended by a co-worker who is also a member. I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I am the last of nine children to become diabetic. Both parents also acquired it in their 50's and I have lost them and two sisters. One brother has just had both legs amputated. So this is serious!! I am not on medication yet because my doctors want to monitor me while I lose weight, track my carbs, monitor my glucose levels, and exercise for the next two months. I am eager to learn and eager to become healthier.

Replies

• Toaster88
    Toaster88 Posts: 146
    Options
    Welcome! Diabetes is real bad in my family - Mom is heavily medicated, and she lost her two sisters to it. Luckily I have avoided it. I have elevated liver enzymes, so that is my goal to cure. Stay with it, and you are a shoe-in to get better!
  • tacmedic2209
    Options
    Good job! You logged on so your on the right track. I wish you all the best with goals. Diabetes is very serious but it can be controlled with diet. I hope it does work out that way for you. I work in the medical field so I deal with it quite often. I have several friends that have diabetes and are on meds. They maintain a healthy life style so they do ok. I am no pro but I know there are several people here that can be lots of help to you. I just wanted to say I wish you the best and I know you will do it :smile: