Tim Horton's

Options
Stopped at Timmie's for a coffee and grabbed their nutritional guide -- a low fat fruit muffin is more calories than most of the donuts!!!

But their soups are all quite low -- even the chili is only 300 cal.

Replies

• MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    im the biggest tim hortons addict in the world! i just love love love their coffee
    and im addicted to the bacon BELTS but they are soooo unhealthy for you :(
  • snerk
    snerk Posts: 51
    Options
    I had a small turkey bacon club with no sauce, for lunch today! was sooo tasty...370 cal..not too bad...but pretty high in sodium bc of the deli meats. I gave up my love of the XL french vanilla back in september! haha
  • Tina1128
    Options
    Love their coffee -- glad I don't love their muffins and donuts though! :happy:
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I had a small turkey bacon club with no sauce, for lunch today! was sooo tasty...370 cal..not too bad...

I know! I did a happy dance when I realized my favourite (toasted chicken club) was less than 400 cals. But... sodium... yeeeah.
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Stopped at Timmie's for a coffee and grabbed their nutritional guide -- a low fat fruit muffin is more calories than most of the donuts!!!

But their soups are all quite low -- even the chili is only 300 cal.

That may be true but the sodium is terrible.
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Was that the TimFit menu? I went to a joint Wendy's/Tim Horton's last week but didn't go see what their poster said.
  • Tina1128
    Options
    You are so right -- sodium very high in their soups and sandwiches
  • Tina1128
    Options
    Haven't heard of this -- might not be in Alberta yet -- this was off their reg menu (can get their guide online too)
  • MsImperfect0
    Options
    Haven't heard of this -- might not be in Alberta yet -- this was off their reg menu (can get their guide online too)
    i havnt heard of it yet either, could be something out east im guessing
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It's crazy!

we have FOUR Tim Hortons at my really small uni, so I always have to bring a lunch (which is fine by me). If you ever get tempted, a dipped doughnut is about 210 calories from what I remember!
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    uhhhhhmmmm....what and where is "Tim Horton" :embarassed:
  • loria30
    Options
    i havnt heard of it yet either, could be something out east im guessing

Sorry guys....I'm outside of Detroit, so maybe it is a US thing right now. I probably should have gone to look at it.
  • loria30
    Options
    uhhhhhmmmm....what and where is "Tim Horton" :embarassed:

Tim Horton's is one of the best things to come from Canada in the last 20 years. I'm not shocked that you have never heard of it. I understand that even NYC didn't have any until about 18 months ago.

I think they are mostly in border states right now.
  • MsImperfect0
    Options
    tim hortons is prob the greatest thing in the world, best coffee in the world.. well really the best EVERYTHING on there menu in the world haha
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh...no wonder ...I'm from California :happy: thanks for telling me :wink:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I live iN Oregon but travel to ontario twice a year for a week each. I stop TH's every single day when I'm there. Best coffee ever. And their cruelers....omg.

My coworker actually has the trucker bring us tim Horton coffee in bags...but it does NOT taste the same.
  • MsImperfect0
    Options
    I live iN Oregon but travel to ontario twice a year for a week each. I stop TH's every single day when I'm there. Best coffee ever. And their cruelers....omg.

My coworker actually has the trucker bring us tim Horton coffee in bags...but it does NOT taste the same.

what makes their coffee good is the cream they use! haha, im not a fan of the coffee u bring home or just having it black
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    I think the TImFit menu is only in the States so far. I'm pretty sure Wendy's owns the American TH franchises so that makes sense.

I do love Tim Hortons - had a muffin yesterday during my work break as my "dinner" - definitely had a full dinners worth of calories :S Just packed into a small muffin, lol.

Be careful if you ask for sugar in your coffee - I watched them do it once, and they put HEAPING scoops (the utensil was like an actual scoop, not a normal spoon) into the coffee. It was ridiculous!!

But generally, I have only love for the Timmy Ho-Hos!
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am from Canada and it makes me sad to see our canadian pride is becoming american a little every day :(
  • MsImperfect0
    Options
    I am from Canada and it makes me sad to see our canadian pride is becoming american a little every day :(
    u and i both!