Healthy Pizza?

Options
2»

Replies

• chopper91
    Options
    I love my pizza and I make homemade pizza all the time thank you all the new ideas in this thread.
  • nesman89
    nesman89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    just eat 1 slice of pizza or maybe half depending on the size of the slice. I usually will eat something else low calorie with it. ie. a can of green beans or 1 cup of broccoli. oh and i chew really slowly and enjoy every bite.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I looooveeee pizza - I may try making my own, but usually I just buy Chigago Town thin & crispy pizzas. They're small and there are 2 in a pack. For the cheese topped ones they're 272 each - so not bad!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's not homemade, buit I just found out that lean buisine bbq chicken pizza is yummy and NOT as bad on sodium as I expected. It has only 430 mg, and 340 calories.

I know I'm gonna stock up!
  • Elijah0630
    Options
    Lean Cuisine makes a variety of pizza's about 350cal and under 500mg of sodium ... I had the pepperoni and cheese one for lunch today and it was DELISH!!! Im stocking up! LOL

:tongue:
  • GoodBye_Fatty
    GoodBye_Fatty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Found a great receipe for Roasted Tomato and Artichoke Flatbread Pizza on HealthMag.com...Thinking about making this weekend.

Its 277 calories!!!
  • Ann9255
    Ann9255 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use a whole wheat pita - I like thick crust so this gives me the thicker taste I like!
  • GingerAnneLondon
    Options
    I am Italian and LOVE pizza!! I have a way to make it look, feel and taste great. I don't like thin crust so much and not sure about the pitta breads and stuff. When I want pizza, i am going to EAT pizza. But really there is not many bad things to pizza. It depends on what you are using to make it and your toppings. Honestly the sauce, dough and cheese are the baddies on pizza. But best thing to do is... eat less of it.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/GingerAnneLondon/167567_516911090492_162100332_30683861_4247310_n.jpg

Here is how to make it the way I do.

I get basic pizza dough at the store. You can use wheat dough too if you can find it. Both taste yummy. I prefer regular pizza dough.
    Next I use a tiny bit of sauce. About 2 table spoons. I spread it across the dough just to add color. I use a store bought organic tomato sauce.
    Put your dough on the pan. Make a nice circle out of it if you can. I like my dough thick so I don't spread it out too much. ;) I know this is bad of me but i only eat one slice of this thing. I mean it's very filling lol.

Next... you want FRESH mozzarella. Nothing else! Cut it into chunks. Try not to snack on it before placing it on the pizza. I do this and it's bad. lol

Now, i like my vegi's. But what really taste great together is chopped onions, red and green pepper. Toss those on that pizza and watch the colors just pop. Put it in the oven at 425 for 25 minutes.

When you pull it out, let it set for a short bit to cool, cut and serve. You will be biting into one delicious gooey ooey pizza. ;) No need to order out or eat like rabbit. Pizza can be made fresh without adding any oils. Try to stay away from pepperoni... now THAT is bad for you if you are trying to lose weight lol.

This pizza tastes fresh and if eaten in small portions will be something you will want to make every now and again when pizza craving kicks in. Cheers luvs.

GingerAnne
  • brittanybark
    Options
    THIS ALL SOUNDS DELICIOUS!!!! I really need to start cooking some new things =]
  • gurlysmiles2001
    Options
    Found a great receipe for Roasted Tomato and Artichoke Flatbread Pizza on HealthMag.com...Thinking about making this weekend.

Its 277 calories!!!

this sounds delicious! thanks for sharing :)