Newbie.

Options
Worrying about where I'll be 5 years from now keeps me up late at night. It is now 1:25am and I have school in the morning.

Anyway, hello to those of you taking your time to read this. I'm Cinthya and new here (as you read in the subject). I hope to accomplish something more than a few pounds lost but the confidence a teenage girl yearns to recover.

Aside from procrastinating on homework, the worst I could do is procrastinate on a little thing, such as going for a jog, which could potentially make or break my health.

I also hope to find a new form of inspiration here. Compliments don't get me out and running. They simply ease me for a moment and let me continue my reign as Queen of the Couch.

Goodnight, xoxo

Replies

• Lstrode
    Lstrode Posts: 51
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm 33 and a mother of 2. I was active as a teenager, danced, was 110 lbs. and had great metabolism. After quitting dance, getting older, married and having 2 babies, I've put on a lot of weight. I've been on here for 1 week today. I recently bought the Just Dance games for my Wii. I LOVE THEM. I've tried other workout dvds/Wii games, but I haven't stuck with them. Getting off the couch and doing these dances almost daily in addition to watching what I eat, has really given me hope. I have more energy already, and LOOK FORWARD to my workouts. I never thought that would happen. I wish you luck, and try to just get up everyday and do a little bit of exercise. I know that it is easy to put off, but I really think if I had cared more about my health when I was your age, I wouldn't be in this shape now. It is harder to get motivated when you get older, and have kids, etc. But I'm doing it and proud! I have lost 3 lbs. this week and decreased my BMI. You're Young !!! You can do it if you set your mind to it. If I can, you can!
  • Cindiewoo
    Options
    Thank you. : ) That was really nice to hear. And I'm in ballet! But not going this semester since I have a bit of other things on my plate. (Pun unintentional. Haha.) I'm glad to hear you're doing well with your workouts. And sounds like fun since you can burn calories while spending time with your children at the same time. : D
  • Lstrode
    Lstrode Posts: 51
    Options
    You're welcome :happy: Ballet was my favorite!! That is what I took most of, I miss it so much. My knees got bad, and my ankles are weak, so I couldn't do it forever. I hope to break out my old pointe shoes when I slim down and build my leg muscles back up. At least dance in them around the house some. I'm getting ready to do another dance workout on my Wii. I understand about having other things to do. But as long as you can fit in a little anything, even barre type exercises in your home, that will help you out!