Sugar :S

Options
Hey, so i seem to almost always be over in my sugar in-take, but im about right in everything else.
I was wondering if anyone knows any great foods or meals that are low in sugar?
Thankssss! x

Replies

• td_ssam
    td_ssam Posts: 32
    Options
    It would actually depend on how you're getting your sugar. What is it that you're eating that has sugar? I've learned not to worry about it myself because all my sugar comes from about a cup of milk per day in my protein shake, a little bit in my protein powder, the 1 banana a day I eat, and maybe a little in whole wheat bread. It's all pretty healthy sugars, so I am not worried about it much, as I think others will probably tell you.

However, don't be eating cookies and cakes and pies. LoL I'm sure you aren't, but you get the idea. No refined sugars if you can help it.
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you look at the ingredients of what you're eating if sugar or high fructose corn syrup are in the ingredients those are the type of added sugars you want to avoid. Before I go too much further if you are a diabetic you will need to keep tract of your carb intake no matter what type of carbs they are. Beyond that the sugar that is naturally in fruits and vegetables is usually diluted with water and fiber and does not cause the harm that the added sugar can. I agree with the previous poster, however bread is one of those things where they sneak a bunch of added sugar that is not neccesary so check the ingredients list. Juices are another big one, make sure it's 100% juice otherwise it has a ton of added sugar. If you need to sweeten something I suggest using a little 100% juice and play around with substituting it for sugar.