help with working out..what can i do?

denisec26
denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
i have 13 more pounds to loose and i average a pound a month. i know its hard to loose the last few pounds so anything i can do to speed this process up will help.

i have a treadmill, which i dont use too much only cause i work out at home and have a 1 year old..so unless shes sleeping..shes not about to sit nicely while mommy runs in place for an hr.

i usually do jillian michaels banish fat dvd..which ive been doing for months and still cant get through it all..it kicks my *kitten*...im 1 circut away from finishing the whole dvd.

i also have the 30 day shred
a few other random workout dvds

what do u think i should be doing (exercise wise) to speed up my weight loss or even just inches lost. its been 8 months since ive been on this site and ive lost 8 pounds and 1 inch from my waist.

like i said its usually either the banish fat dvd or treadmill and crunches and some arm strength exercises.

any suggewstions to speed up weight loss or inches will help.. just keep in mind i workout at home, dont have too much time since im doing it while my 1 year old is near me and i only have 3 pound weights.

thanks

Replies

• mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Check out exercisetv.tv. This site has a ton of videos you can do. You can watch them for free, but if you like them you can download them to your computer & they are cheaper than buying the dvd in the store. There are alot of short wokouts, but click on full length workouts. Hope this helps you out!!!:happy:
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    I would suggest buying a skipping rope and combine it with sprints on the treadmill and weights...you need to get some heavier dumbells. Do weighted squats with an overhead dumbell press, do weighted lunges and bicep curls....always try to combine two moves into one and that will shorten your workout and keep your heart pumping! Have fun.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    I would suggest buying a skipping rope and combine it with sprints on the treadmill and weights...you need to get some heavier dumbells. Do weighted squats with an overhead dumbell press, do weighted lunges and bicep curls....always try to combine two moves into one and that will shorten your workout and keep your heart pumping! Have fun.

I second this. Interval/intense cardio mixed with a llite weight training will kick your body into gear. Sprints sprints spritns mixed with some jogging/walking

Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.