Really struggling with early Zumba...

Options
I have been getting up at 4:30 so that I can do my workout before getting ready for the day, but I am REALLY struggling with doing Zumba that early. I'm just not awake and alert enough to really get into it like I normally would. Because I'm not getting into it, I don't feel like I'm benefiting as much. Any thoughts on how I can snap out of it that early and get my body to MOVE??

Replies

• xxMsComptonxx
    Options
    Coffee... sit down and drink a cup without the TV on. Then once drank get up and Zumba.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ouch...4:30...yikes! i would consider looking for a workout that might not be as peppy - something you could get to it with, get the benefits, but that didn't make you feel like you had to be dancing around and happy about it! also, i don't know who all is in your household, but the first thing we do in the morning is crank up the music - it wakes us up really fast! good luck!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    a glass of cold water & cool eye drops :love:

take out the trash w/o a coat! :laugh:

Turn up the music w/your coffee a good half hour before you workout...get you hips a movin' :happy: :laugh: :happy:
  • Robin2011
    Options
    I love ZUMBA! I wish I could do it first thing in the morning - but it seems I am only able to make after work classes. But on Saturdays, when I can make the 7:30 class - I feel so much better!
    Good luck !
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Are you eating something light first? You really should eat a little something so your body knows its time to wake up. One banana on the way to the gym at 5am works for me. If i have time I also get a small coffee (luckily they have a free coffee bar at my gym)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    It takes time but you will eventually get used to it. I've been doing 4:15 am since May...now I hop up before the alarm goes off.
  • imaclatchie
    Options
    Is there anything in your morning routine you can get out of the way before you go to sleep? Then you might simply sleep a little longer before the Zumba.
    Other option is instead of getting right into the Zumba - put around the house for 20 min, make your lunch, whatever's on your list first, and then get into the workout.
    Go to bed earlier? That's never a real option is it...?

GL!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    I know it sounds stupid as you are going to get sweaty but take a shower first always wakes me up and leaves me refreshed ready to start the day