Here and Ready...

Options
Hey All!
I've been on MFP for about three weeks now but just ventured into the message boards. I'm glad I did. There's a lot of support here and a lot of success. It'll def be a great tool.

I'm 28 and I weighed 354 lbs when I joined MFP. I'm a very social person. I go to parties. I host parties. I like to "pop bottles." I like red carpets and VIP. I always believed "oh I'm pretty" but when I saw my pictures from New Years I thought...what's a pretty face on a ridiculous body. That's when I decided...not another New Year would pass with my head and my body not both looking hot.

Now this sounds egotistical lol...But seriously like...everyone has a pretty face. There's so much more that counts. My health. I get sick easily when the weather changes. My knees were constantly in pain. I was lethargic. And I was like I'm too young. And here I am. I've tried before to lose weight but never with the motivation that I have now. As one of my friend's always says "2011 is my year!" and every year after that. I look forward to getting to know yall and look forward to all our successes.

So far I've lost 15 lbs since I began. Mostly water weight but I am enjoying getting over my gymphobia and getting out there and losing the pounds.

Replies

• hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    That's great that you decided this was the year to take care of yourself! Gymphobia is a good issue to get over, no one looks good at the gym (if they do they aren't working hard enough). You are there doing what is best for your body the rest doesn't matter. Good luck on your journey, feel free to friend me if you'd like.

Holly