Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Jillian Michaels' Quinoa Granola

cattiemac
cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
I make this granola once a week and store in the fridge for my breakfasts. I use it to make a yogurt parfait consisting of greek yogurt, fruit (berries, bananas, apples, etc.) and the granola.

Jillian Michaels' Quinoa Granola
Makes approx. 10-2 tbsp servings

Ingredients
1 cup quinoa (uncooked, rinsed and drained)
1/4 cup whole flaxseed
1 tbs honey
1 tbs olive oil
Parchment paper

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375° and spread parchment paper over a cookie sheet. Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl. Spread the mixture over the parchment paper. Bake it in the oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Once it's completely cool, crumble the mixture. Combine 1/3 cup of the granola with nonfat plain Greek yogurt and fruit. Recipe makes about 10 - 2 tbsp servings.

Nutrition per serving
Calories – 155
Carbs – 17g
Fat – 7g
Protein – 6g
Fiber – 5g
Sugar – 2g

Replies

• msjohnston
    msjohnston Posts: 8 Member
    Have you ever tried to make this with ground flax seed? My understanding is that you lose the nutritional value (Omega 3's) of the flax seed if you eat it whole. Otherwise it looks like something I would like.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Bump!
  • Bump!!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Bump! I'll have to try this. I love quinoa and love flax seed... been wanting an easy-to-make "granola" or bar recipe to try.
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Have you ever tried to make this with ground flax seed? My understanding is that you lose the nutritional value (Omega 3's) of the flax seed if you eat it whole. Otherwise it looks like something I would like.

I have made it with ground flax and it does turn out. But, I prefer it with flax seed. I hadn't heard about losing the Omega 3's when eating it whole. I'll have to look into that.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    I read somewhere it was just harder to digest whole....just bought some chia seeds yesterday so maybe I will try it with them...I've read really hreat things onits nutritional value :smile:
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    hehe great things
  • Sounds yummy--ingredients on this week's shopping list!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,453 Member
    bump
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I read somewhere it was just harder to digest whole....just bought some chia seeds yesterday so maybe I will try it with them...I've read really hreat things onits nutritional value :smile:

I don't know about the flax seeds, but I can confirm with 1st hand experience that quinoa is harder to digest when it is uncooked! a noticeable amount of it passed right through my system... (Sorry if that's TMI...) Lol...

Could be a good thing, though - keeps thing movin' !