Race for Life

Options
Registration for Race for Life has opened, is anyone thinking of taking part in it this year? I wish they did the 10k challenge in Newbury.
:drinker:

Replies

• purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Registration for Race for Life has opened, is anyone thinking of taking part in it this year? I wish they did the 10k challenge in Newbury.
    :drinker:

Hi Emily, I will be doing the race for life 5k in Salisbury this year. I hope to be able to run the whole course this year & beat last years time.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of doing the 5k this year. Never done a 5k so it should be fun.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the Lancaster one with my 7 year old!
    Not sure if we'll be able to run the whole thing as I keep repeatedly spraining my ankle, and she's not used to running quite that far, but we'll start training as soon as my ankle's better and the nights are a bit lighter.

Louise
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Im doing the 5k in newcastle in July following a couch to 5k running plan at the min, im in week 6 and running for 5 minsx4 so hope to be able to run the whole course.
  • kandy80cat
    Options
    ive just registered for the st lukes midnight moon walk with a choice of 7, 13 or 26 miles, i have done race for life the past 3 years so thought i would try and do something else this year

my lovely son said to me " your only doing it coz they give you a bacon buttie when you finish the walk " lovely child
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    ive just registered for the st lukes midnight moon walk with a choice of 7, 13 or 26 miles, i have done race for life the past 3 years so thought i would try and do something else this year

my lovely son said to me " your only doing it coz they give you a bacon buttie when you finish the walk " lovely child

Trust kids lol thats something mine would come out with. I really need to start running again.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

Interesting point though. I did the Cardiff race once and I have never seen so many burger vans at a running event!

Seemed something of an irony for people wearing T-shirts saying stuff like "In memory of my father who died of heart disease" and then tucking into a greasy burger after walking the majority of the route. :huh:
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I really want to do it this year!
  • sarahlouisah
    Options
    im doing race for life taunton somerset also doing the c25k im on week 1 any other mfp doing this in somerset?