How Often do you Way Yourself?

Options
I have heard several different answers to this question. I just want PERSONAL reasons as to why you weigh yourself as often/not so often as you do.

I find myself weighing myself daily. It keeps me on track...lets me know if I need to eat less - exercise more - etc.

So, let me hear it.

Replies

• julsdolphin
    julsdolphin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale at home. We are having a biggest loser contest at work and I weigh here once a week.

Before when I've dieted I used to weigh myself daily and it would affect my mood and what I ate or didn't eat so now I just try to concentrate on exercising, eating healthy and knowing that I am making a change for the long run.
  • cyclone4731
    cyclone4731 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most every day, but I only track it weekly. Day to day fluctuates too much to be meaningful, but weekly seems to give me a better overall picture. IMHO, of course.
  • YvonneBerdkan
    YvonneBerdkan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every friday, or second friday after i work out at the gym, I chose to do this because it's the most conveineint and it allows my body time to lose weight, if you weigh yourself daily your weight tends to fluctuate through out the day, right? *i think* and that can get rather discouraging if you go up 2lbs.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Every single flipping day......its maddening......
    but my day really sucks if I don't..
    think its a mental thing...
  • jenny1979x
    Options
    I weigh myself every Tuesday at Weight Watchers.
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only track weekly as daily fluctuations for me go from a few ounces up to 2lbs up or down.
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Every day. I want to keep track of my fluctuations and when they happen. I also keep track of my body water and body fat.
  • ukheather
    ukheather Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't, but I weight myself daily
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, usually twice a day. I guess I'm a little obsessed. I weigh in the morning and I weigh at night so that I know what to expect for the next morning. I don't count the weight as "official" until Friday mornings though.
  • texasguy
    texasguy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i have gotten into a habit of weighing myself everyday. I don't feel so bad doing it because i am not cheating. And when i do cheat my caloires i go over like 200 not 1000, so i am not dreading stepping on the scale.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Everyday here too. I don't know why I do it. I'm obsessed I guess.
  • Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself one a week on Sundays. When you wait longer, it makes it all worth it at the end of the week. It makes me feel like I have accomplished something. It's hard not to do it through out the week, but I make myself wait until Sunday.

Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • ropedancer
    Options
    I track my weight once a week, weighing myself right when I wake up on Tuesday morning (don't know why I picked this date, but it works). Occasionally, I'll weigh myself on other days to make sure I'm more of less on track, but Tuesday is the only day that "counts."
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I too weigh myself daily. my scale reads every .2lb difference. So, this help keep me on track and motivated. A .2lb daily loss is very inspiring to me!!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Have been doing it daily but am trying to cut back. I sound like an addict! Cutting back to twice a week, Tuesday and Friday.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Once a wek on wednesdays. Its to obsessive everyday
  • imardr2
    imardr2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday also. I used to do it twice a day but as my weight does fluctuate as much as 3 pounds throughout the day it can be discouraging. My Sunday AM "weigh ins" as part of a program, are the only ones that count, though.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Once a week is ideal. I wanted to check my progress and see if I had guessed my meal correctly from Mon night + 2.7 I was so upset. Then I realized I lacked fiber the day before.....when I weigh today I lost 2.1 lbs. But that's not accurate either. Back to Sunday morning for me.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of others, I weigh myself daily (as soon as I get out of bed), but I only track/log it once a week. It personally helps keep me mindful of what I'm eating and exercising. You do have to keep a positive attitude about it and not obsess if the scale moves the wrong way - I just think of it as a daily check up.
  • carolinalori
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, in the morning right after I take a shower and before breakfast! I thought it was too obessive but it sounds like a lot of others do the same thing. I think it helps keep me on track and helps me evaluate what foods make me retain water, don't work well with my body, etc. I wish that a few extra ounces/ pound didn't affect my mood, but it does! The good thing is, it motivates me to do better that day! Over the holidays and through the bad weather we have had lately, I didn't weigh every day and I gained 7 pounds... out of sight, out of mind! (For me anyhow)