Day 17...maybe I need some peeps?

Options
Today is day 17. I originally started using this app on my phone only to track my food and workouts. I'm very much a numbers person and need to see things broken down to fully understand and believe them. (OMG, I drank 900 calories worth of wine and beer on my first Friday night!) So this site is good. After about a week, I realized there was an actual website, and then about a week later, I realized my sister was on here and there was this whole socail networking thing associated. That's pretty exciting. So I think it would be helpful and inspirational to hear others' stories and journeys and good times and bad and all that.

I'm a person who has never been extremely overweight but always been somewhat dissatisified with my body. My initial weight loss goal is 10 pounds, however on someone who is 5'2", this is a very noticable number.

So, if you would like to be my friend, I would like to be yours. :) Good luck on your journey!

Replies

• rljohnson11
    Options
    You can add me if you want... Welcome!
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    good luck. You can do it. Add me as a buddy! ;)
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request! Good Luck!
  • kkwellness
    kkwellness Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    As a past personal trainer and bodybuilder searching to lose 6-8 pounds this is the best tool yet to truly see how off course i have gotten with calorie consumption. I know with this tool I can reach my goal.
  • ksimms
    ksimms Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll add you too! Can't have to many supporters.
  • Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat you are in. I am also 5'2". I am sure it's hard for everyone to lose weight, but for some reason I feel like it is harder for people with less weight to lose than more. Just seems that way. I have never been really over weight either, but after my 3rd son, I have been all over the place with my weight. I am hoping that this time I can stick with it and keep going.

Good luck with your journey and you can definitely add me as a friend.
  • KimKoz
    KimKoz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request. I started around the same time too. Good luck.

You or anyone else is welcome to join our new group too. Some of us are close to turing 30 or early 30's. We don't have tons to lose but still always need the help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/160076-bring-on-30-new-members-looking-to-lose-in-thier-30-s
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP :)
    i did the same thing, i use to use the app on my phone, then one day i realized it was a website ha ha :D i haven't looked back. i love it here, and i love all the amazing people
  • ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    Options
    Most definitely in the same boat! You can add me too!! I have never been extremely overweight but like you said just not 'satisfied' with how I look. I'm 5'4" and growing up in high-school and college I was always super skinny (and couldn't gain weight!) and looking back I totally took it for granted! I got married, had a baby and got up to 168 lbs which for my tiny bone structure was MASSIVE. I understand how 10 lbs can make a complete difference in your appearance with a small frame. I am down to 124 now and have 10 to go. Anyway! I've only been on MFP for a week so far and it has helped track my numbers! We all need to encourage each other on here and I like the community aspect. I don't have any 'friends' on here yet!

Good Luck!! Jen
  • ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    Options
    I am in the same boat you are in. I am also 5'2". I am sure it's hard for everyone to lose weight, but for some reason I feel like it is harder for people with less weight to lose than more. Just seems that way. I have never been really over weight either, but after my 3rd son, I have been all over the place with my weight. I am hoping that this time I can stick with it and keep going.

Good luck with your journey and you can definitely add me as a friend.

I completely agree! It does seem the 'last little bit' of weight always wants to stick like glue and not come off... Good luck to you too! :)
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request..