One year anniversary

Options
Today it has been one year since I joined MFP and started dieting. It's hard to believe that A) I've stayed on this train and kept losing weight and B) what a change only a year (its gone so fast!) can make.

In Jan. 2010: I was definitely over 200 and pretty unhappy with the way I looked along with plenty of other things in my life.

BEFORE-1.jpg

Now, so much has changed. I've lost just over 80 lbs. I feel better, look better, feel good ABOUT looking better. I met my weight goal somewhere around the holidays and managed to keep going for a bit. I'm working on transitioning into maintenance. I have plans to start studying to become a certified personal trainer and wellness coach. My whole family is losing weight and feeling good and making big, good, permanent changes! I'm excited to have been a part of it and to continue seeing progress in the way that I look as I tone up.

after.jpg

Photo7.jpg

So to everyone on here just starting out, you can totally do it. You just have to find a pattern and a plan that you can stick to.

Happy anniversary to me! :drinker:

Replies

• tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! congratulations.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    You look amazing!! That is awesome! Congrats! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look great!!! And HAPPY! Great job! Very inspirational :flowerforyou:
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Your words of encouragment will keep us newbies going. Looking good sista! :)
    Happy anniversary:drinker:
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! You (and your husband?) look great!!
  • slwolford
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!!
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! You (and your husband?) look great!!

Thanks everyone!

And, yeh, that's the hubs. He's lost around 90-100 lbs himself. There are so many fewer chins in the newer picture! YAY!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    WOW, what a difference! Congratulations to and your family for such an inspiring story....keep up the amazing work!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look Fantasic,Way to go.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and adorable!! What an inspiration your story is, and best of luck toward becoming a personal trainer!
  • clingybabe
    clingybabe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on sticking with it! You look marvelous, and I am encouraged by your before and after pictures. Thanks for sharing!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You look so good! Congratulations and good luck with the schooling..you can do it! :)
  • flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! congrats on your amazing accomplishment :happy:
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look AMAZING! Congrats to both you and your hubby. Thanks for sharing your story...very inspirational!
  • nishhhh
    Options
    That's so awesome! Thanks for sharing .... would you mind sharing what you did to accomplish your goals? I'm about where you were last January and would love some more inspiration/motivation!
  • jbrascia
    Options
    Can you tell me how you did it and what your plan consisted of?:smile:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Charmagne
  • Hoplost
    Hoplost Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well done you both look fantastic, Thanks for sharing with us and encouraging us to stick on track and reach our goals.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You both have done so well!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and Happy anniversary.

Best wishes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!