Sore muscles

humpalc
humpalc Posts: 140
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I am sooo sore after my workout yesterday - anyone have tips, so I'm not TOO sore to get in another good workout at tomorrow's boot camp?

Replies

• Ice pack and stretching are the best remedies.
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    I learned that when my muscles are sore I should do a bit of light cardio. For me this would be walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes, take a 45 min stroll around down, ride the exercise bike at a slow pace, etc. If I let my muscles set the soreness will increase but if I lightly use them the soreness decreases by almost 50%. Good Luck!
  • Increase your warm up time and cool down time and stretch. Often I just don't have the time, but when I increase to 10 minutes of warm up and stretching and 10 Minutes of cooling down and stretching it makes a night and day difference. Often I can do only 1/2 of that (or none at all).

If you are strength training, I strongly suggest taking in a protien drink within 20 minutes of the workout. I buy a jug of "Body Fortress Sper Advanced Whey Protien" drink from Wal-Mart for $14.00 (actually reccomended from my trainer). Sometimes I will splurge on a high protien shake from the gym smoothie place. I noticed this not only helps me not be as sore the next day, but also seems to help me build muscle a little faster.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    I agree with those posts. But if you still find you are really really sore I would suggest maybe a recovery drink. When I did P90x I was sore everyday and used the recovery formula for the DVD series and I have to say that was an amazing product. I normally don't push any kind of products but I really felt 100% better.... I haven't used other drink products so I am not sure if you can find something similar in the store but it honestly works.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    If you keep your workouts consistent, it will get easier and easier. In the beginning it is rough, so don't overdo it in the beginning.
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! Yesterday was my first day of a new class, and I go back tomorrow, I wanted to be sure to get the best workout I possible :) you have given me some good ideas for breakfast after, too! I'm going to have to east at work, so I'm thinking I can keep a container of oatmeal and a bag of frozen fruit in the break room, now I may add protein powder to that list.
This discussion has been closed.