Working alone and need someone to talk to

Options
Hi, I have been trying to do this on my own and am finding that sometimes I just need to share. I am not usually a joiner or even someone who can open up. Guess that may have a bit to do with my weight. I work two part time jobs and usually eat my dinner around 3:45pm. So, by the time I get home any where between 8 and 10 I am hungry!! Nighttime is awful for me. So, I am wondering if maybe talking to someone may help me not eat everything in the house. What do you think?

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I think when you have a support system its all easier, and you need to eat when you are hungry, thats a big span of time. So its going to be all about choices for you. You will get great ideas from friends on here. I make a ground turkey stir fry that you can eat a lot of for very little calories, for instance.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have night munchies too. I am trying eating small portions of snack stuff - celery and PB, cheese and crackers, a tangerine, You can add me as a friend if you want. I log on at night to add my food. Good luck!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Well drinking lots of water and making sure to snack between meals will help with the hunger! Also making sure your 3:45pm meal is enriched with Fiber & Protein to help last you till Snack and then a nice protein snack to make it through the night!

I have found that coming here helps keep me accoutable. I don't hide my diary, my weight etc. because I have to be real here or it will never work for me. I am here all day well at work... and then login on my phone numourous times when I am at the gym and such.
  • gr8chick
    gr8chick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think you're on the right track. Definately reaching out to someone who has the same goals as you, and are of like mind is a wonderful way to get support and help you stay on track. It really does help to spread out your meals so that you're eating every three to four hours. If you want an accountability partner, please feel free to send me a message via this site. Also, if you are looking for some online support, and it sounds like this may be a big step for you, you should check out www.transformation.com. I am part of that community, and the people there are SOOOO wonderful, open, caring, and non-judgmental. Seriously, you should just take a look around that site, and you will see what a beautiful, positive place it can be, and I guarantee you, someone in a similiar situation as you will be there and possibly be able to provide some helpful suggestions.

If there is anything else i can do, please don't hesitate to ask. Have a wonderful day!

~Maria
  • keishabruner
    Options
    I am struggling with the same thing (my last meal is usually at about 7 pm). Sometimes I can drink a big glass of water and then I am not hungry (probably my mind being used to eating when I have nothing to do). Sometimes I just need to be active (wash clothes or play the Wii) and sometimes I am just hungry. I usually try the first two solutions I mentioned and 8 out of 10 times that's the case. If I find that the first two senarios didn't reslove my "hungry" feeling, then I eat something light - an apple or a small salad. I am new here - maybe we can help each other out in this area?
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    talking is always good that way you can get positive feed back .maybe take some snacks with you to work ,and also drink some water ,but with working two jobs make sure you are getting enough calorie intake for the calories your burning.
  • bigmang
    bigmang Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi there, I find that if I eat properly in the morning I don't need to snack in the evening.
    I have breakfast at 7am at home, breakfast again at 10 at work, lunch at work 12.30, fruit at 3, dinner at 6-7pm then maybe a fruit / yoghurt snack after walking the dog.
    I am within my calorie goal & rarely feel hungry, if however I don't eat well in the morning (at weekends usually) I can't stop eating in the evening, even after a big meal.

Hope this helps.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oh yes talking to people sure helps. You know you shouldn't eat that yummy calorie filled whatever but asking someone and having them tell you NO DON'T DO IT sure helps! Also try planning your meals with the knowledge that you are going to need some sort of snack in the evening. I always plan to have some sort of snack around nine (I try to eat every three hours (not when I am sleeping of course :-)) so I make sure the rest of my meals during the day still allow me to have that snack later at night. Good luck, my best wishing for you finding the support you need!