Member since January but first post

melwall78
melwall78 Posts: 20
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! My name is Melissa. I have been a member of MFP since January but this is my first post. I am 29 years old, 154lbs (I stated at 175lb) 5’3“. I married my high school sweetheart 10 years ago and we have 2 kids. Ages 9 and 7. I have weight 175lbs since I had my last child. Back in January I decided to make a change. I wanted to be able to by clothes and look good in them. After I lost a few lbs, my sister called and said she was getting married and she wanted me to be her maid of honor. I was so happy for her but thought to myself I didn’t want to be the fat girl standing up so that got me working harder. :wink:

Replies

• melwall78
    Hello! My name is Melissa. I have been a member of MFP since January but this is my first post. I am 29 years old, 154lbs (I stated at 175lb) 5’3“. I married my high school sweetheart 10 years ago and we have 2 kids. Ages 9 and 7. I have weight 175lbs since I had my last child. Back in January I decided to make a change. I wanted to be able to by clothes and look good in them. After I lost a few lbs, my sister called and said she was getting married and she wanted me to be her maid of honor. I was so happy for her but thought to myself I didn’t want to be the fat girl standing up so that got me working harder. :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hi Melissa! Good to hear from you!!! Best of luck with continued success!!!

-Tami
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    7508.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Wow we have alot in common! I'm 30, 5'2", 155 lbs. I married my high school sweetheart 5 yrs ago September. We have three children: Jeremy 13, Cole 7 and Brooke 6.

Best of wishes and keep up the lifestyle!!!!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Glad you decided to show yourself, hope you stick around. :happy:
  • melwall78
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all your support.
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    when is your sister's wedding?
    i am in the same boat - my best friend (since I was 4!) is getting married in october and i'm in the wedding. her 18 year old beautiful sister is in it with me - and i too am afraid of being the fat girl in the wedding!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Same here! My sister in laws wedding is July 12 and I hadn't seen most of my husbands side of the family since my wedding 10 years ago and 2 babies ago. I ballooned up to over 200 pounds at one point, dropped down to 170 in 2004, then ballooned back up again. I DID NOT want to be the "fat" one in the pictures, so I started in January also and am now at 160 (which I can't remember the last time I was, I think when I got married I was 167!) I wanted to reach 148 by her wedding, but I won't see that, but I'm thankful for where I am, and will get there eventually. I'm slowly noticing changes and am really starting to feel good about myself. And it's really nice when people notice and comment on my weight loss.

Glad to finally hear from you! Keep posting.:heart::drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Same boat. Don't want to be fat for my nieces wedding in September.

I joined in March and have lost 20 so far.:drinker:

This site Rocks

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com
  • melwall78
    My sister’s wedding is in November in Fl. She has me in this little dress.

Plantlady99- Great job!!! 20 pounds in 4 months. That’s great. Keep up the good work.

Jenbar- I started at 175lbs. Now I’m down to 154. I think you can make it to 148 by your
    sister-in-laws wedding.

Bpolansk- I hear you. My sister’s friends are all very small. I now I will be the bigger person in the pictures but I WILL NOT be the fat one. If I can do it than you can too.
    Love the wedding pic. You look great.
This discussion has been closed.